Hybrid View

Default Can You Move During a Court Case Before Probation Starts

I live in ny now and I got a dui right as I was about to move. I want to move my address before I go to my court date and get probation. im going on 1 year interim probation for dui and was wondering if I could have probation transferred where ever I move to? I was about to move before I got my dui and still have my court case pending and want to just do everything right. some people told me to just call the court and tell them about my new address and before I go on probation I can have it transferred where I live.

ive been trying to call my lawyer and I just keep talking to his secretary and not getting much advice. can I just move and then contact the court myself and tell them my new address and they can forward mail there and when I start probation I can sign up to have it moved there?

Default Re: Can You Move During a Court Case Before Probation Starts

Are we talking about a move to another part of the same town, or are you hoping to move a considerable distance away from your present home?

The question of whether or not you can move before your probation begins is going to be governed by the terms of your pretrial release. As we cannot review those terms, it would be dangerous for us to suggest that you are not restricted in your ability to move.

Once you are on probation, you will need permission from your probation officer.

In another post (maybe down the street) the OP said he was moving out of town and his lawyer's assistant told him he couldn't.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    In another post (maybe down the street) the OP said he was moving out of town and his lawyer's assistant told him he couldn't.
    He doesn't want to accept the truth so he's posting to law forums everywhere looking for someone, anyone, to agree with him.

I said this before and I'll say it here... if you don't like your attorney, fire him, get your retainer refunded, and go out and get another one.

You're the one who went out and committed a felony (by the way there is no such charge as DUI in New York State) so you have no one to blame but yourself. It would appear that you haven't even been sentenced yet, is that correct?

1. Sponsored Links