Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Litigate Against a Good Lawyer

My question involves malpractice in the state of: TEXAS.
    When higher income abusers hire these "untouchable" lawyers. How are we supposed to have a fair court hearing? It's one thing to be bitter in a divorce. But when you are denied access to the laws said to protect you and your family. While these lawfirms are using Intel Agent assistance, or they are owned by them.This is a historical issue in my State. I'm already dying, so putting this out there no longer scares me.
    It's the thousands others who are currently trying to figure out what's up. It's all about using children in an unrational and lethal destruction of more than just one persons future.
    The border children and the children within in the US are being sold out like cattle on a stock exchange.

You can't call anyone in the State because it seems they are all networked.

I'd rather someone just say the obvious, "children don't matter" instead of making thousands of phone calls where all these freaking programs already know these lawfirms. And say. Welp. No can help.

Default Re: How to Litigate Against a Good Lawyer

If you believe that you are incapable of adequately representing yourself, or you believe that your current lawyer is not up to the task, look for a lawyer who you believe can effectively advocate against the other party's lawyer, and hire that lawyer to represent you.

You're right, our justice system is broken and money is power. It is no different than if I had millions of dollars and was able to pay for all the good athletes to attend my school and we go undefeated against poorer public systems. The "win" is who can afford to buy it.

For the justice system to be fair, it has to be changed. One step towards this would be for the loser to pay all costs. This would reduce the cases where people think they can just out-spend the other party.

Of course, finding a definition of "fair" that everyone agrees to is going to be a task in itself. No matter what, there's going to be a winner and a loser. What means do you suggest that will make both the winner and the loser agree that the decision was fair?

Easy. He paid a good million for a hearing I was lied to about. I called lawyers and the few that would even consider taking on the task, my ex called all to create a conflict of interest. Legal aid, etc. Said they couldn't "afford" fighting her. ALL lawyers know of these types. Family law is more than just a court of civil remedy. The kids in these situations. Are getting the worst consideration when money is involved. In fact, there's no legal protection from those who are using the courts to debilitate. That's not what law is supposed to be. Or. So I thought.

That's not what I asked.

That's already a law in Texas. But abused as well. If the more expensive Lawfirm wins, (most if not all the time) they put the debt on you. The "loser". Meaning. Your required to pay for their legal fees. Thus, placing a lien on you. When it's a million dollars. They liquidate your assets. Your 401k, retirement, etc. This is why we commit suicide. There's supposed to be some ethics. Especially when children are involved. My daughter is 18 now. Her father died. Not before he had his lawyer draw up agreements on his estate where all who are beneficiary must agree to keep her from having a relationship with me. She's not allowed to drive to see me. Nothing. Once away in NY, next year. Everyone gets there pay. This all stemmed from him being busted for child abuse. Another expensive lawyer took care of.

Okay, so we pass a law that says law fees have to be exactly equitable; neither side can spend more than the other. Never mind for now where the funding would come from or how such a law would be enforced - for the purpose of this argument we'll assume it exists and is funded and is enforced. Both lawyers get paid exactly the same.

Now. We have a winner and a loser. You're telling me that as long as one litigant couldn't spend more than the other, the one who loses in court is going to agree that everything is fair?

Quote Quoting Gialove
    View Post
    That's already a law in Texas.
    It's not clear what you imagine to be a law in Texas; but there are contexts in every state in which a person who loses litigation may be ordered to pay part or all of the legal fees of the prevailing party.
    Quote Quoting Gialove
    They liquidate your assets. Your 401k, retirement, etc.
    Nonsense. They cannot go after your exempt assets, including your retirement accounts and benefits.
    Quote Quoting Gialove
    Not before he had his lawyer draw up agreements on his estate where all who are beneficiary must agree to keep her from having a relationship with me. She's not allowed to drive to see me.
    If in fact such an "agreeement" exists, it would not be enforceable in court.

Quote Quoting Guybrush
    View Post
    You're right, our justice system is broken and money is power. It is no different than if I had millions of dollars and was able to pay for all the good athletes to attend my school and we go undefeated against poorer public systems. The "win" is who can afford to buy it.

For the justice system to be fair, it has to be changed. One step towards this would be for the loser to pay all costs. This would reduce the cases where people think they can just out-spend the other party.
    I agree with you except for the part in bold. Lack of money often causes one to fold on their case or settle for much less. Or what if you lose your case because your lawyer messed up? Not sure if loser pays all would completely solve the issue.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast