Default How to Prepare a Breach of Contract Lawsuit

What basis do i need to prove loss time and opportunity for a breach of contract? Also, how should one calculato loss time when suing for damages?

Default Re: Breach of Contract Lawsuit

Without context there is no way to answer your question. Time itself has no value. However, if a delay in performance on a contract cost you money, you can sue for that money. Did you pay rent on something for that extra time? Did you have to pay for storage? Breach of contract can only give you money damages. You have to figure out what the breach cost you in dollars. Without more information nobody can tell you much more than that.

Quote Quoting asa_jim
    View Post
    Without context there is no way to answer your question. Time itself has no value. However, if a delay in performance on a contract cost you money, you can sue for that money. Did you pay rent on something for that extra time? Did you have to pay for storage? Breach of contract can only give you money damages. You have to figure out what the breach cost you in dollars. Without more information nobody can tell you much more than that.
    due to a breach of contract , i had to purchase a similar item elsewhere instead of with the defendant because the defendant had me under the impression they would fulfill their end of the deal/contract which i will show in court. In other words i lost out on a business opportunity because of this inconvenience and time wasted

The loss of "a business opportunity because of this inconvenience and time wasted" might mean money or might mean no money.

That you couldn't take advantage of an "opportunity" doesn't mean you would have succeeded in that opportunity even if you had the item that you couldn't purchase.

Rather than have us pull teeth trying to get information out of you, answer the following:

1 - What was the item?
    2 - What was the business opportunity?
    3 - Since you apparently did purchase a replacement item, why did you lose out on the business opportunity?

Give us the facts about what happened instead of vague allusions that don't mean anything.

Im trying not to put too specific details in this on going case matter, but it was a camera from a retail store. The agreement was i can order multiple items from this company at once AFTER a payment history was established with them. Thats the terms of the verbal agreement. Once I established a flawless payment history with the company by making multiple payments then completely paid off my computer early in the agreement WHICH WAS ALLOWED. The company still refused to let me order the camera stating my account was somehow affiliated with this other individual who ordered the camera and didnt pay it off. The company said I DONT OWE ANYTHING but regardless this other individuals account is related to my near by address. The company then lied and stated once i filed suit with them that i NEVER had a purchase history with them which i have reciept proof and bank statements. This was a little over a yr ago. I just knew it had to be an error on their end so i sent a demand letter CERTIFIED MAIL telling the company to clear my name from this mix up or i will take legal action.
    Now the company stated i never gave them the opportunity to resolve the matter 😑😑😑 i eventually bought a camera elsewhere from someone who was personally selling it months later. I had a business proposal to shoot a video for a show they were trying to push to a company. I wouldve been paid for shooting the video but the opportunity has passed because they specifically told me i didnt have the camera. After the fact I purchased a camera months later the offer is no longer available to me. I dont have proof of purchase for the camera as i bought it from someone off the street but i do have a witness to confirm my purchase and I eventually sold the camera on ober the internet to someone because i could not afford to keep the camera due to it not coming with a lense, stand etc everything it basically wouldve came with in the order i tried placin with the company im suing. I outright paid for the camera thinking i would find the other items to go with it elsewhere for cheap but i was unlucky. This was lost time and money. And a breach of contract with them. In addition to the company stating my account was somehow linked to another individual who didnt pay their debt, another customer rep from the SAME STORE placed my same order for the camera and other items need on a payment plan and STATED MY ACCOUNT WAS NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THIS OTHER INDIVIDUAL AND THEY SENT THIS REQUEST TO CORPORATE ALSO EVEN EXPEDITED THE ORDER ONCE IT WENT THROUGH. I have proof and the date and name of the customer service rep that said it was an error and MY ACCOUNT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN CLOSED BASED ON THE COMPANIES WRONG ERROR MIXING MY ACCOUNT UP WITH AN INDIVIDUAL WHO MIGHT HAVE STAYED ON THE SAME STREET AS ME BUT NOT THE SAME HOUSE, PHONE NUMBER,NAME ETC. ITS SO SIMPLE THAT I HAVE WITNESSES AT MY DEFENSE, PROOF OF VERBAL AGREEMENT, PROOF I GAVE THEM MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITES TO RESOLVE THE MATTER BUT THEY KEEP LYING. I HAVE COURT A PRE TRIAL COMING UP BUT I DONT THINK THEIR TRYNA WORK IT OUT. I RATHER JUST GO IN FRONT OF A JURY TO EXPOSE THIS EVILNESS EVEN IF I LOSE JUST TO SHOW MY CONCRETE EVIDENCE AND COURAGE AND PROOF THIS ISNT A FRIVOLOUS MATTER, I EVEN TOLD THE COMPANYS ATTORNEY TO AT LEAST OPEN UP MY ACCOUNT BUT THEIR NOT BUDGING. I repeat THEY SAID I OWE NOTHING BUT ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL DOES AND SOMEHOW GOT MY ADDRESS MIXED UP WITH THEIRS , THEN LATER SHOWED ME IN PAPER WORK THAT THE OTHER INDIVIDUAL LIVED IN ANOTHER CITY BUT HAD THEIR ORDER SHIPPED TO AN ADDRESS NEAR ME. NOT MY ACTUAL ADDRESS 😫😫😫 WTF ITS WRITTEN IN BLACK IN WHITE AND I WILL USE THEIR OWN DEFENSE AGAINST THEM IN COURT . I gain NO BENEFIT LETTING ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL USE MY ACCOUNT, but the company kept saying i am somehow affiliated with another address that they found through a public search tool . they donít believe this acn be an error yet they also stated my address that i have proof my billing/shipping belonged to showed as an error smh

1. Sponsored Links