Question Chapter 13 and Real Estate Sales

In Wisconsin, I own a home, I never missed a payment, I lived in this home for 13years,"remember these points" My home (primary mortgage holder)was not included in the chapter 13 file-ings. My primary banker took over my escrow account after I filed chapter 13. The bank paid off an over due water bill, filed against me in court to forclosed.
    They received a judgement for $2,500 to be paid through the chapter 13.

Question:
    I have been in chapter 13 for 3yrs as of August 2007. I want to sell my home for one dollar and the buyer pay off my first mortgage, Which was not included in the chapter 13.

Second Mortgage, forced me into bankruptcy. Again, I never missed a payment. I went to their office asking them to currect information on my account. Their reply was a forclosuer notice. they claimed I owned them $14.000, but we settled for $3,770. This is being paid through the bankruptcy.

Question
    Can I sell my home and pay them off too?

Default Re: Chapter 13 and Real Estate Sales

Quote Quoting Billy53210
    View Post
    In Wisconsin, I own a home, I never missed a payment, I lived in this home for 13years,"remember these points" My home (primary mortgage holder)was not included in the chapter 13 file-ings. My primary banker took over my escrow account after I filed chapter 13. The bank paid off an over due water bill, filed against me in court to forclosed.
    They received a judgement for $2,500 to be paid through the chapter 13.

Question:
    I have been in chapter 13 for 3yrs as of August 2007. I want to sell my home for one dollar and the buyer pay off my first mortgage, Which was not included in the chapter 13.

Second Mortgage, forced me into bankruptcy. Again, I never missed a payment. I went to their office asking them to currect information on my account. Their reply was a forclosuer notice. they claimed I owned them $14.000, but we settled for $3,770. This is being paid through the bankruptcy.

Question
    Can I sell my home and pay them off too?
    You need permission from the trustee to sell your home. He will not give you permission to sell it for $1. Neither will the mortgage company.

Default Re: Chapter 13 and Real Estate Sales

Yep - everything needs to go through the trustee.

1. Sponsored Links