Default School Teacher and Principal Retaliate Against My Children

I live in Texas. To make a very long story short. I have a son 6, and a daughter 10 who attend elementary school. Since the Fall we have had major issues with my sons teacher. Relating to grabbing him, yelling, and singling him out in class. She just has it out for my son. I have had conferences with teacher and numerous w/ principal. I have complained so much (valid reasons) I believe they are taking it out on my kids. I know for a fact the pricipal does not care for me, and I don't care, but in the matter of 4 months I have went up to the school to leave my kids house key twice and both times they "forgot" to give it to them. One time was in december, 40 F outside and my kids were locked outside their home, until a neighbor realized something was wrong. It's just little things like that....I went up to the school and they would tell me they forgot to give it to my older daughter (with a smile on their face) I'm so upset....Is there anything I can do to get this school in trouble? And yes, I've talked to the Asst.SuperInt and she defended the staff of course....What can I do to make the school accountable for these things that they are doing?

Default Re: School Teacher/Principal retaliate against my children

Quote Quoting westie
    View Post
    I live in Texas. To make a very long story short. I have a son 6, and a daughter 10 who attend elementary school. Since the Fall we have had major issues with my sons teacher. Relating to grabbing him, yelling, and singling him out in class. She just has it out for my son. I have had conferences with teacher and numerous w/ principal. I have complained so much (valid reasons) I believe they are taking it out on my kids. I know for a fact the pricipal does not care for me, and I don't care, but in the matter of 4 months I have went up to the school to leave my kids house key twice and both times they "forgot" to give it to them. One time was in december, 40 F outside and my kids were locked outside their home, until a neighbor realized something was wrong. It's just little things like that....I went up to the school and they would tell me they forgot to give it to my older daughter (with a smile on their face) I'm so upset....Is there anything I can do to get this school in trouble? And yes, I've talked to the Asst.SuperInt and she defended the staff of course....What can I do to make the school accountable for these things that they are doing?
    Honestly, it isn't the school staff's responsibility to make sure your children have their house key. If there are times you will not/cannot be home after school, and you (obviously) feel your 10 year old daughter is responsible enough to be left home alone with her 6 year old brother afterschool ( ), then you should make sure your daughter carries a house key at all times.

Although I agree there is no reason for a teacher to lay a hand on a child in anger, I have to wonder whether your son is a discipline problem in the classroom, and we're only getting part of the story.

If you are not satisfied with the teacher, principal, and Asst. Superintendent response, then put your concerns in writing to the Superintendent of Schools or seek the advice of an attorney.

1. Sponsored Links