Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2018

    Default How to File for a Change of Court-Ordered Guardian

    My question involves a person located in the state of: Wisconsin. I live in Mo. My mother lives in Wi. The courts in Dane Co. have granted guardianship of my motherís person and estate to the county. I am her only son and want to petition for GN here. She has dimentia and will soon need 24 hr care by her family, not the government or an institution. How to proceed?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Contest Court Ordered Guardianship

    Were you contacted about the guardianship proceedings that ended with her being placed with the state? Was she living on her own before this? If she was in a care facility due to the dementia, what happened to cause the guardianship proceedings?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: How to File for a Change of Court-Ordered Guardian

    You would need to file for a change of guardianship in the county in which guardianship was granted, and seek permission to relocate your mother to your state of residence. Odds are you will also need to file to be appointed guardian in your state.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Conservatorship: How to get a Court to Change the Guardian or Conservator
    By charmeza in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2012, 12:22 PM
  2. Where to File for Contempt of Court Ordered Visitation
    By RAS in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 10:24 PM
  3. Legal Malpractice: Attorney Failed to File Court Ordered QDRO
    By rumpole1 in forum Malpractice Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 10:06 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources