Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Enough for a Protection Order

Quote Quoting qwaspolk69
    View Post
    What a psycho! At least my ex has been more concerned with meth than to try to come mess with me or our daughter - or any of his kids. Luckily he's been in jail since end of October and pending another case right now.

I can't believe he said all that in court - wow. You do have your hands full. I agree get a good security system.
    At the initial filing, the advocate told me it would be iffy if it would stand because of no specific threats made at that point. Once we had the hearing, she told me she was pretty sure they would grant it based on what he said and how he acted. This also keeps him away from my kids for another 2 years, so the threat of having visitation is off the table for a little longer. We're set with security system, and the neighborhood watch board has made a post to watch for his vehicle and his family members' vehicles and call police if they are in the neighborhood.

Quote Quoting PMMH
    View Post
    At the initial filing, the advocate told me it would be iffy if it would stand because of no specific threats made at that point. Once we had the hearing, she told me she was pretty sure they would grant it based on what he said and how he acted. This also keeps him away from my kids for another 2 years, so the threat of having visitation is off the table for a little longer. We're set with security system, and the neighborhood watch board has made a post to watch for his vehicle and his family members' vehicles and call police if they are in the neighborhood.
    His live in girlfriend, who I have a no contact order against, just tried to contact my daughter online.

Quote Quoting PMMH
    View Post

His live in girlfriend, who I have a no contact order against, just tried to contact my daughter online
    Report it to the police. Do not let it slide.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Report it to the police. Do not let it slide.
    I called and filed a report. It went nowhere. Since the contact was through HER account, it wasnít him and the last time I filed a report it was just a warning to her. Now I have to file for a CPO against her and if she violates that, then they will pursue charges. Her excuse was that she thought it was someone she went to school with... my daughter has a complicated, hyphenated last name and a first name that isnít wildly popular. She knew exactly what she was doing and nobody she went to school with had the same name. No way in hell...

Two weeks in and he filed a petition to terminate the order... He just doesn't get it.

Quote Quoting PMMH
    View Post
    Two weeks in and he filed a petition to terminate the order... He just doesn't get it.
    No way that the magistrate is going to terminate a 2 year order that was just made. He is an idiot.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    No way that the magistrate is going to terminate a 2 year order that was just made. He is an idiot.
    He wrote a 2 page letter describing why they misunderstood his statements in court and why I'm not actually scared of him. He is a big fan of losing a case and then filing objections in the form of writing letters to try to explain what he meant to say in court. I'm sick of wasting my PTO for his ignorant filings.

It took six minutes for the motion to be dismissed

Quote Quoting PMMH
    View Post
    It took six minutes for the motion to be dismissed
    I hope that you are finally done with things for a while (hopefully at least the next 2 years).

It was a mess, and I fully expect him to try something else, but who knows. The fact that he's working so hard to remove an order saying he can't harass and threaten us seems like enough reason to keep it in place. Why does he need to be able to contact us in the first place? The last time he spoke to either kid was our daughter when she was testifying about his inappropriate behavior in court and that's been a few years.

Quote Quoting PMMH
    View Post
    It was a mess, and I fully expect him to try something else, but who knows. The fact that he's working so hard to remove an order saying he can't harass and threaten us seems like enough reason to keep it in place. Why does he need to be able to contact us in the first place? The last time he spoke to either kid was our daughter when she was testifying about his inappropriate behavior in court and that's been a few years.
    He doesn't "need" to talk to you or the kids and you know that. He wants to control you and now that he's lost the control he doesn't know how to deal. You know that's exactly why he fights it. That's how abusers work. He just wants control over you.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast