Default Is It Legal to Take Pictures of Area 51 from Tikaboo Peak

In my spare time, I am an activist for UFO disclosure and a strong believer in extraterrestrial visitations of Earth. In fact, I've actually had some experiences with ET visitation myself.

Anyways, if and when I ever have the time to take a trip to Nevada, I have considered taking a hike up a mountain called Tikaboo Peak. It's a somewhat difficult hike, but as a young guy whose in reasonably good condition, not something that I would be unable to do. Especially as I'd plan on spending the night at the summit. I also have some 70 millimeter binoculars that I would take to the summit with me. I also would bring a digital camera that I'd attach to the tripod as well as a small backpacking tent to spend the night up there. While I would be up there, I would take photographs of Area 51 from Tikaboo peak. Perhaps, I would even capture undeniable photographic evidence of reverse engineered flying saucers leaving the facility.

It actually is perfectly legal to be at the summit of Tikaboo Peak. And, yes, from the summit it is possible to see the base from afar. You cannot see much with the unaided eye, but through the binoculars, I likely would get a semi-decent view perhaps. Likely not clear enough to see any actual aliens but likely good enough to see the flying saucers taxiing around at Area 51's secret spaceport. If I go to the summit (which is on public land), is it legal to photograph the base? Or no? Keep in mind that Tikaboo Peak is public land and not owned by the government.

It is only trespassing on government property if one were to attempt to descend the mountain, in which case one would obviously be arrested immediately. However, assuming that one remained on public land while taking the pictures, I'm thinking this likely would be perfectly legal. Also, if I were to capture a photograph of a flying saucer(s) going in and out of the base or parked at the facility, would it be legal to post them online or share them with others? Unfortunately, I have a feeling even if I get there I'll end up being dissipointed. Because presumably, if Tikaboo Peak is public land, the saucers are parked somewhere out of view or are simply kept underground. That would be my assumption, but who knows, maybe I'd be able to photograph something truly incredible from the summit of Tikaboo Peak (public land and not government property). Just checking to see if this would be legal.

Default Re: Is It Legal to Take Pictures of Area 51 from Tikaboo Peak

Just remember, Public land is government owned. If you remain on Public land than is not within the restricted area 51 perimeter, it would be legal to take pictures. it is also legal to take pictures from and airplane or Helicopter of the base, so long as you do not violate restricted air space., which has been done hundreds of times.

All public land is government owned. But not all government owned land is open to the public. If you follow whatever the rules are for Tikaboo peak (and you should check to make sure that things like overnight camping are not prohibited) then you should be fine. Whatever photos you can take from that peak should not be a problem. The government is not going have anything out in the open that it does not want you or anyone else to see. It is well aware that the unobstructed views can be photographed by satellite or by air, and likely also from that peak, so it will have taken precautions to ensure that nothing can be seen from any of those vantage points. I doubt very much that there is anything significant regarding aliens and UFOs to be found at Area 51 anyway, despite its prominence in various works of fiction on the subject.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    All public land is government owned. But not all government owned land is open to the public. If you follow whatever the rules are for Tikaboo peak (and you should check to make sure that things like overnight camping are not prohibited) then you should be fine. Whatever photos you can take from that peak should not be a problem. The government is not going have anything out in the open that it does not want you or anyone else to see. It is well aware that the unobstructed views can be photographed by satellite or by air, and likely also from that peak, so it will have taken precautions to ensure that nothing can be seen from any of those vantage points. I doubt very much that there is anything significant regarding aliens and UFOs to be found at Area 51 anyway, despite its prominence in various works of fiction on the subject.
    Yeah, now that I've done some more research, I agree. It's difficult to say where. I think they were probably transported via a vast underground network of trains to a different state and different part of the country.

Quote Quoting Steve418
    View Post
    Yeah, now that I've done some more research, I agree. It's difficult to say where. I think they were probably transported via a vast underground network of trains to a different state and different part of the country.
    Well, now you’ve gone off the deep end. I can accept the ufo stuff but to suggest our country is capable of constucting a railroad underground that extends to multiple states? Now you’ve gone beyond the limits of believability.

Wow, multi state undeground railway systems. Ya, right.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Well, now you’ve gone off the deep end. I can accept the ufo stuff but to suggest our country is capable of constucting a railroad underground that extends to multiple states?
    I do not see that there is any technical limitation that would prevent doing that. The issue would be cost. It would be very expensive to build that, and I don't see that there would be any uses for such a network that would justify the cost of that over using cheaper transportation options. Even if there were UFOs and aliens at Area 51 at some point (which I rather doubt) and the government wanted to move that stuff to get away from the scrutiny that Area 51 gets, it wouldn't be all that difficult to move that stuff to other places with more traditional means like trucks and aircraft. In any event, I would expect that there would be nothing to see from that peak that would give away anything the government wants to keep secret.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I do not see that there is any technical limitation that would prevent doing that. The issue would be cost. It would be very expensive to build that, and I don't see that there would be any uses for such a network that would justify the cost of that over using cheaper transportation options. Even if there were UFOs and aliens at Area 51 at some point (which I rather doubt) and the government wanted to move that stuff to get away from the scrutiny that Area 51 gets, it wouldn't be all that difficult to move that stuff to other places with more traditional means like trucks and aircraft. In any event, I would expect that there would be nothing to see from that peak that would give away anything the government wants to keep secret.
    Sarcasm;

a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

the humor is the accepting of aliens but refusing to accept the claims the government could build such a rail system. Of course they could but it’s behind me to think of any reason to justify such a construct. There are too many simpler and cheaper methods to provide the same benefits.

Besides, if there really was such an underground rail system I would suspect the dark government entities would have scuttled Elon Musk’s hyoerloop project. If they built an underground hyperloop across the country I would suspect there would be concern of his boring activities drilling right through the governments existing underground railway.

Anyway, there have been, from time to time, events unique to Area 51 to be seen. The area is notorious for being involved in the development and testing of some of our most secret aircraft through the years. If a person happens to be in the right place at the right time, who knows, maybe they’ll see the next Sr-71 or f-117 being tested.

Like so many things kept under wraps by the government, it attracts conspiracy theorists. Since often such secrecy is involved in technological advancements, sometimes beyond what the average person believes possible without extraterrrestrial involvement, those succeptible to such conspiracy theories let their imagination run wild. This and the PT Barnums of the modern day make for some great stories.

1. Sponsored Links