Angry Non-Payment On Credit Cards

I too am being charged with a credit card bill that's over 10 years old. In my case the card was a pre-paid card from a company, In other words I had to send in $300.00 to open the account when My Daughter was going a way to college , to make the story short I tried using the card to rent a larger auto and was told there was'nt enough monies on the card to use or allow me to rent so I put another $200.00 on it and used the card for this rental....bringing My total to $500.00 available , once that was used up not the total amount We closed the card out, and are now being charged for a total of $1.500.00 + . This hardly seems right that I would be charged this amount or any amount since the monies were mine to began with. In Met one of the attornies for the card company at the Court house and he wanted Me to settle by paying half.............How unfair is that ? But these companies are Blood (Money) thirsty at all cost.......any solutions out there for D's problem or mine Please Let Us know what recourse we Have other then Paying for something that's unfairly being charged to Us.

Thanks

Default Re: non-payment on credit cards

Quote Quoting David1nchicago
    View Post
    I too am being charged with a credit card bill that's over 10 years old. In my case the card was a pre-paid card from a company, In other words I had to send in $300.00 to open the account when My Daughter was going a way to college , to make the story short I tried using the card to rent a larger auto and was told there was'nt enough monies on the card to use or allow me to rent so I put another $200.00 on it and used the card for this rental....bringing My total to $500.00 available , once that was used up not the total amount We closed the card out, and are now being charged for a total of $1.500.00 + . This hardly seems right that I would be charged this amount or any amount since the monies were mine to began with. In Met one of the attornies for the card company at the Court house and he wanted Me to settle by paying half.............How unfair is that ? But these companies are Blood (Money) thirsty at all cost.......any solutions out there for D's problem or mine Please Let Us know what recourse we Have other then Paying for something that's unfairly being charged to Us.

Thanks
    Did you pay all money due at time you closed the card - sometimes they add application fees, processing fees, annual fees, besides interest fees which you have to pay. The money you deposited usually doesn't cover all this - just the cost of what you buy. You said the card is 10 yrs. old & you went to court re a settlement. Do they have a judgment against you? The SOL on the judgment probably has not expired. You probably will need to reach a settlement & pay because if they have a judgment or get one against you, they can & will seize non-exempt assets.

1. Sponsored Links