Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Re: Liability Trivia - Truck Driver Collides with Dangerously Low Hanging Wire

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I'd have to first see what he says to debate it. I'm simply taking issue with your characterization of it. Your characterization may misstate what he's said for all I know. But as I have over 30 years of experience in tax law, I submit I know it far, far better than you do. That is not a slam against you. As I understand it, you are a contractor and thus would know far more about the details of type of construction contracting than I do. So you might consider that I may know more about tax law than you do.
    I am not making this claim, Dr Keith Smith is. He founded and runs his 32Ksqft facility. He posts his prices online for 120 common surgical procedures. He goes into detail about the cozy relationship between insurance companies and hospitals. So I tend to believe him until I see someone debate him and prove him wrong. Give him the time, it will be worth it.

BTW - Are you privy to the taxes of a non-profit hospital? If so, you might need a barf bag.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    The requirement to provide free services is relatively new, like in its part of Obamacare. Prior to that time a hospital, for profit or non profit, was not required to provide free services. There are government hospitals (commonly called county hospitals) that do have to provide service to the indigent and always have.

You also dont undestsnd the requirements under EMTALA which limits the amount of treatment a hospital must provide that indigent person walking in needing surgery. Hospitals are not required to Provide more than adequate services necessary to stabilize a patient to the point s/he can be transported.

Now heres something else you apparently don’t know;

Non profit hospitals (I don’t know if it applies to for profit hospitals) cannot charge a patient without insurance more than a patient that has insurance. (Yes, an Obamacare requirement)

Of course managed health care providers (such as PPO insurance providers or HMO’s) who have contracts with medical providers do receive discounts under such a contract but that is not the same thing as charging la different price. It is a negotiated discount based on the contractual relationship and is applied to the same price everybody else is charged.
    I have been criticized for stirring a pot here. I have also expressed a dislike for those that have turned their green light off. I also won't tolerate you telling me I don't understand something. So to do my part to minimize conflict here, I am now putting you on ignore too. cbg will be next and anyone else who underhandedly turns their green light off.

I have finally connected that thread with you guys.

Default Re: Liability Trivia - Truck Driver Collides with Dangerously Low Hanging Wire

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post

BTW - Are you privy to the taxes of a non-profit hospital? If so, you might need a barf bag.
    Huh? It would be none since they are tax exempt due to being a non profit hospital.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Huh? It would be none since they are tax exempt due to being a non profit hospital.
    He won't see it since you are on the dreaded ignore list. Pretty soon Taxing is gonna be the only one he does see.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    He won't see it since you are on the dreaded ignore list. Pretty soon Taxing is gonna be the only one he does see.
    Oh. Oh well. It’s obvious he has no idea what he’s talking about.

I think it’s hilarious it bugs him that I turned off my green light. I see it as irrelevent but hey, if it bugs him, it will stay off.

i guess he doesn’t like being told he has no understanding of the laws in play here. Too bad but it’s obvious he doesn’t.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    I am not making this claim, Dr Keith Smith is. He founded and runs his 32Ksqft facility. He posts his prices online for 120 common surgical procedures. He goes into detail about the cozy relationship between insurance companies and hospitals. So I tend to believe him until I see someone debate him and prove him wrong. Give him the time, it will be worth it.
    You summarized his claim in one to two sentences. I suspect that summary is not an accurate representation of what he has said. Again, I'm taking issue with the way you stated it. I have not seen his claims and until I do, I cannot comment on those.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    BTW - Are you privy to the taxes of a non-profit hospital?
    The term “nonprofit” does not have any meaning in the federal tax law though it does have some meaning in state corporate codes. If you are asking if I am familiar with the tax treatment of hospitals exempt under IRC § 501(c) then the answer is yes.

You did not yet answer what services you think the law is requiring hospitals to provide for free and whether it is all hospitals or just those exempt under IRC § 501(c).

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    cbg will be next and anyone else who underhandedly turns their green light off.
    I don’t get why the fact that someone is online or not is such a big deal for you. How does it affect in any way your interaction on this site? You are certainly free to ignore those who use the option to not show as online if you like, of course (though I'm not sure how you conclude who those are with certainty). It just strikes me as an odd thing to get worked up about.

View Post
    You summarized his claim in one to two sentences. I suspect that summary is not an accurate representation of what he has said. Again, I'm taking issue with the way you stated it. I have not seen his claims and until I do, I cannot comment on those.

The term “nonprofit” does not have any meaning in the federal tax law though it does have some meaning in state corporate codes. If you are asking if I am familiar with the tax treatment of hospitals exempt under IRC § 501(c) then the answer is yes.

You did not yet answer what services you think the law is requiring hospitals to provide for free and whether it is all hospitals or just those exempt under IRC § 501(c).

I don’t get why the fact that someone is online or not is such a big deal for you. How does it affect in any way your interaction on this site? You are certainly free to ignore those who use the option to not show as online if you like, of course (though I'm not sure how you conclude who those are with certainty). It just strikes me as an odd thing to get worked up about.
    I agree. It makes absolutely no sense to me either. However, I saw some tidbits throughout this post as to why it might bother him. He seems to think that anyone who disagrees with him is required to respond to every post he makes, and if he cannot tell whether on not they are on the forums at any particular time, he cannot tell if they are break his "rule" that they must respond.

Many of us simply quit responding if we think that a thread has gone as far as it should go. This one certainly has, in my humble opinion.

Frankly, I'd just as soon he ignored me. If turning off my online light will get him to do so, I'll happily join the anonymous crowd.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    He seems to think that anyone who disagrees with him is required to respond to every post he makes, and if he cannot tell whether on not they are on the forums at any particular time, he cannot tell if they are break his "rule" that they must respond.
    Welcome to the ignore list. Drinks are in the fridge. Cheese, fruit and crackers are on the table.

View Post

There are many interviews with Dr Smith online. I have listened to about three hours of them. I cannot summarize them to anyone's satisfaction. You'll have to listen to them yourself. However he is a pioneer in what he is disclosing about that cozy relationship.

I do not know what makes a hospitals accept indigent patients but from what Dr Smith says, he goes into detail about what I see a pure corruption. It will blow your socks off.

As for the green light thing, I equate it to standing in a room and having someone walk in to speak to you. Some will stand in front of you and others choose to stand behind one-way glass. IMO, if you are such a coward to do that, I have no time for you. Besides, there are about a half a dozen folks here that I hold in high regard. NONE of them hide like that, so there is a pattern in my observation.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I agree. It makes absolutely no sense to me either. However, I saw some tidbits throughout this post as to why it might bother him. He seems to think that anyone who disagrees with him is required to respond to every post he makes, and if he cannot tell whether on not they are on the forums at any particular time, he cannot tell if they are break his "rule" that they must respond.

Many of us simply quit responding if we think that a thread has gone as far as it should go. This one certainly has, in my humble opinion.
    That is not how I see it. I sometimes ask a question that will expose the other side, but rather than answer it, they won't respond. This can only be done in this format, never face to face. This allows a person to pick and choose what he answers. But others with integrity will acknowledge that you made a point. It's just a standard that I have.

Like the other day Mr KIA inferred that I was not being truthful. I told him I would PM him the article so he could research it and see for himself, yet he wouldn't accept it. To me that is a sign of low character...something internet forums do to some people over time.

Gee, if only he hadn’t blocked me he would know what makes a hospital accept indigent patients.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post

Did you know that well over half of our hospitals are non-profit and must show no profit. Well, how is that done when they do a $30K surgery and only have $5K-$10K of costs? When they charge $10K per bed per day?
    does everybody know that Brian57 just proved he has absolutely no idea what he’s taking about? A nonprofit hospital actually can and needs to make profit. The fact is they fall under the tax codes a tax exempt based on following the rules the irs laws impose...

and that isn’t that they cannot make profit.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast