Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Get Out of a Lease to Own and Pay Off the Rest of a Car

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: tx,

traded a grand Cherokee for 20,000 and used 30,000 cashiers check to put on the car. The cash value of the vehicle was 90,716$ and it says amount financed was 60,239.91 which confuses me because its not including the value of the jeep. The dealership said at the end of the 36 month term I could buy the car for 36,000 .Is it possible to just pay the Boolean payment and be done with monthly payments and be out of the least so I retain ownership of the car instead of the finance company? its my understanding that leases don't lower the value of how much you pay at the end of the term, so I think it would be beneficial to buy it.am I correct?

Default Re: Getting Out of Lease to Own and Paying Off Rest of Car

You can ask them if they will allow you to buy out the lease but you can expect it to be higher than the balloon payment as they will factor in fees for terminating the lease as well as the fact it is actually worth more than the balloon payment at this point.

Most leasing firms will let you buy out of a lease. It isn't going to be cheap by any measure. They aren't going to reduce the income they would have made on the original deal.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    You can ask them if they will allow you to buy out the lease but you can expect it to be higher than the balloon payment as they will factor in fees for terminating the lease as well as the fact it is actually worth more than the balloon payment at this point.
    so, what your saying is wait till the end of the term so it will be cheaper?the guy at the dealership, said id be liable for TTL and sales tax.

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    so, what your saying is wait till the end of the term so it will be cheaper?
    The balloon payment you were given is what you will be paying at the end of the lease if you choose to buy it. That's not going to change much, if any. That is cheaper than if you choose to buy out the lease, yes because you will have given them all your monthly payments.

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: tx,

traded a grand Cherokee for 20,000 and used 30,000 cashiers check to put on the car. The cash value of the vehicle was 90,716$ and it says amount financed was 60,239.91 which confuses me because its not including the value of the jeep.
    I guess you didn't read and understand your contract before you signed it.

Default Re: How to Get Out of a Lease to Own and Pay Off the Rest of a Car

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    The cash value of the vehicle was 90,716$ and it says amount financed was 60,239.91 which confuses me because its not including the value of the jeep.
    When you lease a car, you are effectively paying for its depreciation over the lease term. The amount you financed represents depreciation, and the balloon payment at the end (if you choose to keep the car) represents what you agree to be an appropriate market value at the conclusion of the lease term.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    The balloon payment you were given is what you will be paying at the end of the lease if you choose to buy it. That's not going to change much, if any. That is cheaper than if you choose to buy out the lease, yes because you will have given them all your monthly payments.
    ok, I was operating under the assumption that they wanted the lease because they wanted to benefit of the interest payments. yet again, I told them no multiple times on the lease and they forced it on me. I wanted to put the traded car plus 30,000 and pay the remaining 40k on the car off in 5 years for low payments monthly but they didn't give me the option and took advantage of me despite saying no. By paying on the lease, I would pay I would pay over cash value not including interest because of hidden factors? if thats the case, could it qualify as misrepresentation?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    I guess you didn't read and understand your contract before you signed it.

did read it,didnt fully understand why it was allocated that way.

You were not forced to take the lease. You could have and should have walked away when they did not wish to do traditional financing.

The cash value is what the car would be worth at the end of the lease, not right now.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    You were not forced to take the lease. You could have and should have walked away when they did not wish to do traditional financing.

The cash value is what the car would be worth at the end of the lease, not right now.
    guess it would be best to wait till end of the term to pay the Boolean payment then.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast