Default How to Enforce a Restriction on the Use of QDRO Funds

My question involves marriage law for the State of: Florida

My x-wife is filing a QDRO for my pension. On the divorce decree, it states: "The Wife shall use the funds for the benefit of the child's education and educational related expenses". How can I enforce that and make sure that SHE doesn't use the funds for herself? Do I need to hire an attorney for this? I really cannot afford one. Thank you.

Default Re: Qdro

Quote Quoting christie1818
    View Post
    My question involves marriage law for the State of: Florida

My x-wife is filing a QDRO for my pension. On the divorce decree, it states: "The Wife shall use the funds for the benefit of the child's education and educational related expenses". How can I enforce that and make sure that SHE doesn't use the funds for herself? Do I need to hire an attorney for this? I really cannot afford one. Thank you.
    Money is fungible; one dollar is just the same as another. Thus, where the money comes from is largely irrelevant. What matters is whether she does in fact provide for those expenses. If she does provide for their education and related expenses, what difference does it make if she actually used the dollars from the pension or she used the dollars she got from something else? Now, if she is both drawing from the pension AND not paying those expenses then you could go back to the court that issued the decree for enforcement or to hold her in contempt.

Sorry... I forgot to include another sentence after.... It says... Each party waives any further claim or interest in said asset. What does this mean?

Thank you

View Post
    Sorry... I forgot to include another sentence after.... It says... Each party waives any further claim or interest in said asset. What does this mean?

Thank you
    It means that neither of you can go back to try to claim any more of that pension.

Thank you !

View Post
    Thank you !
    That thank you seems a little too excited. Make sure that you consult an attorney to be certain that you are not misunderstanding anything.

Understood.

1. Sponsored Links