Default What is the Statute of Limitations on Tuition

My question involves collection proceedings in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

I registered for online courses at my local community college. The courses were paid for by federal student loans. I was reported to the administration by my one profressor for non participation. I was removed from the courses and my loans were cancelled. The college then billed me for the courses.

That was the early part of the Spring Semester 2014 (January or February). The debt had been sent to collection by 2015. The collection agency posted the debt to my credit report again this month.

Two questions:
    1. What is the statute of limitations for this type of debt in PA? Four years?
    2. Can the collection agency post the debt on my credit report after the SOL expired? Or can they do so until the 7 year reporting cut off?

Thanks.

Default Re: Pa Statute of Limitations on Tuition

Quote Quoting Slip2Debt
    View Post

1. What is the statute of limitations for this type of debt in PA? Four years?
    Breach of a written contract. 6 years from the breach to sue.

Quote Quoting Slip2Debt
    View Post

2. Can the collection agency post the debt on my credit report after the SOL expired? Or can they do so until the 7 year reporting cut off?
    Yes to both questions.

In other words, doesn't matter when they put it on, it should fall off after 7 years.

1. Sponsored Links