Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can You Employ a Felon at a Medical Marijuana Business

My question involves business law in the state of: Pennsylvania.

I am wanting to know the law of Pennsylvania on medical marijuana hiring. To see if as a felon, I am eligible in any way through a legal loophole. I know they can't hire a felon directly, so I am trying to see if I can be hired through a consultant group or business. This way making it to where the company that offered me the job opportunity can hire me accordingly and not face any legal issues. Also I have my felony cultivation charge down in Florida and I am looking to be hired in Pennsylvania.

Default Re: Medical Marijuana Laws and Hiring a Felon

The anti-discriminations provisions of the PA law ban employer from discriminating on the basis of being a holder of a PA medical marijuana card.

If the place doesn't hire felons there is no way you are going to use your medical marijuana status to get around that.

It would be up to the company to hire some "consultant group or business".

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    The anti-discriminations provisions of the PA law ban employer from discriminating on the basis of being a holder of a PA medical marijuana card.

If the place doesn't hire felons there is no way you are going to use your medical marijuana status to get around that.

It would be up to the company to hire some "consultant group or business".
    Did you read the same post i did?

i see nothing suggesting op is a MM user. Since pa allows only MM at this time op spoke to MM laws. He is felon and wants to work for somebody that offered to hire him but based on laws (I haven’t looked but accepting op’s statement) and him being a felon he cannot work for a MM grower.

I read it different than you, jk. It isn't like it is written well. The subject line didn't help me understand it any better.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I read it different than you, jk. It isn't like it is written well. The subject line didn't help me understand it any better.
    Fair enough. Maybe the op will clarify.

Sorry guys. Yes I am not an mm user nor will I ever be due to not smoking. I am simply wondering if there is any sort of legal loophole where a mmj company could hire my business or consultant group to work for them. I only know the law states that the can't hire a felon with drug charges directly. But I was wondering if they hired a consultant group that I work for or business is there a law stating that, that is not possible either?

Quote Quoting paperc07
    View Post
    Sorry guys. Yes I am not an mm user nor will I ever be due to not smoking. I am simply wondering if there is any sort of legal loophole where a mmj company could hire my business or consultant group to work for them. I only know the law states that the can't hire a felon with drug charges directly. But I was wondering if they hired a consultant group that I work for or business is there a law stating that, that is not possible either?
    One would think that the MM company would have the consultant company screen their party before sending that person over for employment.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    One would think that the MM company would have the consultant company screen their party before sending that person over for employment.
    Yeah I know but I'm just looking for my company to get hired so I wonder if the law says that's illegal as long as I'm not being hired directly. One would think of course. That's why I wanted some legal help to read the law and see if I could. Either way I'm hiring a business lawyer Monday. Just figured I'd get as much insight as I could before.

You realize that even if it is legal, they are free to refuse to hire you, right? That there is no requirement that they hire you even if they can?

Are you the owner of the consultant group business or a employee?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast