Unhappy Long Delays in Resolving a Personal Injury Lawsuit

in 2009 I got into an accident on government property, my lawyer only filed for a trial around a year ago, when im pretty sure he shouldve applied for it along time ago.
    when we were in mediation he wasnt up to date with my file. and now im lucky enought to get my phone call retured.
    i dont know much about law but im more then 100% this isnt alright.
    everytime i confront him about why its taking too long he makes up a story(which could be true) but im sure this shouldnt be taking 10 years.

i dont want to complain about a lawyer that is handling my case but not sure what else to do.

i have a friend thats a parelegal. she told me i should report him to the bar but i dont want 10 years to go to waste.
    hes a really good talker and i honestly feel like an idiot!

any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: Long Delays in Resolving a Personal Injury Lawsuit

State or federal property?

there is a very likely reality that your suit was filed beyond any applicable statute of limitations. If true, that means you are done. Your suit cannot go forward and without a judgment, you are owed nothing

Quote Quoting takingforever
    View Post

any advice would be appreciated.
    Check your court case file.

If it's federal it's on Pacer.

https://www.pacer.gov/

If it's state it's probably your county Superior Court. In some states it's called something else but you ignored the question about your state.

I actually live in Canada... I couldn't find a useful forum except this one..

Quote Quoting takingforever
    View Post
    I actually live in Canada... I couldn't find a useful forum except this one..
    Ah, well unfortunately this site focuses on U.S. law. It is unlikely that anyone here would have the experience in Canadian courts to be able to answer your questions. That said, ten years is a long time for a lawsuit to reach trial in either country. There can be good reasons why that might occur, or it could just be that your lawyer has been procrastinating on pushing it to trial. Might be a good idea to get a copy of the court file and consult another attorney for a second opinion.

1. Sponsored Links