Default Foot Injury Caused by an Opening Door

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Michigan.

I was walking into a urgent care medical center and when opening the door the top of my foot was cut open and the top of my foot was fractured. The door was just high enough to go across my foot. I was wearing open toed shoes. The bleeding was very severe it took them a while to get it to stop. They had considered sending me to the emergency room. They did x rays then wrapped my foot and gave me a special shoe to wear. A week later I noticed it wasn't healing and it was looking infected. I went to the doctors and they did a culture and found out that it was infected with 3 different infections. They put me on antibiotics and they didn't help heal it. I am currently going to a wound clinic for treatment. I cannot work and have had a very hard time taking care of my house and children.

Default Re: Entry Door of Med Center Injured Foot/Fracture

What was defective about the door? Doors don’t reach flush to the ground so if you have your foot in the way of the door, yes, it is likely to get injured. Would you believe you would be owed for damages if you put your fingers in the doorway such that the door would close on them?

For them to be liable you’re going to have to show the door was defective in some way and they were aware of it and they alllowed it to remain unabated.

Default Re: Entry Door of Med Center Injured Foot/Fracture

I could see if someone had opened the door while you were standing there, but you opened the door on your own foot. You probably have no case. Sorry to tell you that.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links