Default How to Get a Copy of Your Marriage License

My question involves marriage law for the State of: Florida

The Miami Marriage Bureau have given us two different instructions on two different phone calls. Both people I spoke to advised that my spouse and I must both go in person to obtain a duplicate license, but both gave a different account of this process. The first person I spoke to said we would simply need to turn up with ID to get the duplicate, then return with this filled out by the officiant and any two witnesses.

The second person I spoke to advised that we would need notarised affadavits of marriage from both me, my spouse, the officiant, and the two original witnesses, just to get the duplicate, and that then we would need to get the duplicate signed by just the officiant, no witnesses needed. This would be very hard, as the witnesses live in NY and the UK.

This is all very confusing, given this advice has been given by the same institution but is contradictory. If anyone can provide clarity from their own knowledge or experience, that would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: I Was Married in Miami in May 2018, but the Completed License Has Been Lost

Quote Quoting Spanglaw
    View Post
    My question involves marriage law for the State of: Florida

The Miami Marriage Bureau have given us two different instructions on two different phone calls. Both people I spoke to advised that my spouse and I must both go in person to obtain a duplicate license, but both gave a different account of this process. The first person I spoke to said we would simply need to turn up with ID to get the duplicate, then return with this filled out by the officiant and any two witnesses.

The second person I spoke to advised that we would need notarised affadavits of marriage from both me, my spouse, the officiant, and the two original witnesses, just to get the duplicate, and that then we would need to get the duplicate signed by just the officiant, no witnesses needed. This would be very hard, as the witnesses live in NY and the UK.

This is all very confusing, given this advice has been given by the same institution but is contradictory. If anyone can provide clarity from their own knowledge or experience, that would be greatly appreciated.
    You need to go there in person to talk to someone. Explain the two difference responses you received and ask for correct advice.

Default Re: I Was Married in Miami in May 2018, but the Completed License Has Been Lost

Looks like you can get up to 9 copies and order online: http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/servi...s_Marriage.asp

1. Sponsored Links