Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Vetting an Attorney

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    None of which changes the fact that there exists no data base that will give you the information you want. So whether such statistics would be relevant or not is really a moot point.
    Since you guys know that such a search engine does not exist in any of the fifty states, please tell how can that be when all that information is public record?

Real estate ownership is public record and I can know anything about it. So why are court docs so different? Answer that!

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    Since you guys know that such a search engine does not exist in any of the fifty states, please tell how can that can be when all that information is public record?
    Well, not all court information is public record. Not every court in the land is fully digital either. Given the multitude of ways courts are setup in different states, it would be difficult to gather the information in the first place. A lot of someones would have to invest a lot of time and money to even begin to compile those sorts of statistics, even for that which is public record.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    Real estate ownership is public record and I can know anything about it. So why are court docs so different? Answer that!
    Depending on the jurisdiction, the court involved and any orders such as seals/gags, some things are not public record. Others which are may only be available for review physically as not all courts are digital yet. Others still are available digitally through paid services, which is the way the system has been set up.

Quote Quoting asa_jim
    View Post
    I believe we have several licensed attorneys who have given an answer to this nonsense, but the OP chooses to believe what Mr. Internet, Esq. has told him, declining to accept rational coherent reasons why his/her "reasoning" is flawed. That's fine with me. Good luck finding your statistics...
    I mean this as no disrespect but aren't you also a "Mr. Internet Esq. telling me something." With the exception that those other attorneys are willing to identify themselves, their firm, their specialty, their State of practice, and speak into a camera for ten minutes to show their presence and speaking ability. Who here has ever done that?

Putting other people down with a broad sweeping brush is very common and easy to do here. I never said data like that is a tell-all about an attorney, nor did the advertising attorneys. They inferred it was an indicator. Kinda like when a contractor pulls up in front of your house in an old, broken-down truck. You can argue it means nothing or that it is an indicator.

I apologize for being skeptical, especially with the ease the internet allows folks to express their opinion and broadcast that opinion to so many people with zero responsibility to prove those opinions are true. A simple backing from a few other folks here is all it takes to make an opinion a fact.

I do not want to bring up my bike accident but at least 6-8 posters and one private practice PI Attorney said it was all my fault. Yet an attorney who can turn a #2,200 offer into a $5.2M settlement says it is not my fault at all. My research says that too. So of course I am skeptical of what I read here. Especially with the heavy bias and anonymity.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Well, not all court information is public record. Not every court in the land is fully digital either. Given the multitude of ways courts are setup in different states, it would be difficult to gather the information in the first place. A lot of someones would have to invest a lot of time and money to even begin to compile those sorts of statistics, even for that which is public record.

Depending on the jurisdiction, the court involved and any orders such as seals/gags, some things are not public record. Others which are may only be available for review physically as not all courts are digital yet. Others still are available digitally through paid services, which is the way the system has been set up.
    Not that I doubt you, but name a few courts that do not use computers?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If it existed, such a case would have been covered by the media.
    It was. I have a newspaper article outlining the whole case. If you unblocked your PM I could send it to you. But something tells me that wouldn't prove anything to you either.

And... as usual he's turned this into a waste of time. He's not actually interested in being educated. He just wants to argue.
    Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    But if I was able to pm you, I'd send you the names so you could verify for yourself.
    And I would post what I found here. So stop playing games -- as they say, put up or shut up.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    Not that I doubt you, but name a few courts that do not use computers?
    Obviously you doubt me or your wouldn't ask. But note I said "fully digital". I am not personally familiar with any courts that do not use any computers at all but the possibility they exist is there and most likely the chance is above 0%. Computers have not fully taken over everywhere and every thing.

On the fully digital front, yes most courts likely use computers. That does not mean that all of their records are fully electronic nor that they are in a format/system to allow for outside access.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    And... as usual he's turned this into a waste of time. He's not actually interested in being educated. He just wants to argue.
    Answer the simple question then. How can public record not be public?

Unblock your PM and I will 'educate' you.

Also, I have substantiated why I doubt you.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    Can you make clear what it is that you're trying to ask, or have you descended into your usual mindless babble?

Default Re: Vetting an Attorney Based on Trial Experience

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    Is there a database that shows how often or what amount or percentage of cases does a particular attorney actually take cases to trial? IOW, is he actually a trial attorney rather than a bluffer who looks for the easy money?
    You should have caught this being post #1.

Real estate is also public record and professionals in the real estate market use proprietary search engines to search public real estate data. I have used them and they tell everything about any real estate owner in a given area. Well, my question was do attorneys have the same search engines on one another?

It is you guys that spun off into saying that information is "meaningless."

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    Nobody said the data was public. Just that there isn't at this point in time a way to look up what you asked for.

Default Re: Vetting an Attorney Based on Trial Experience

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    Well, my question was do attorneys have the same search engines on one another?
    And you were told there is not. The thread then kind of wandered off but you engaged on the wanderings. At any time, you could have said "Thanks for the information. It wasn't what I had hoped to hear but that happens sometimes" and been done with it. You chose to continue the various conversations.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast