Default Can "Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicle" Be Considered Crime of Moral Turpitude

I didn't hear the police siren as my car's radio volume was high, and also didn't see the red/blue light because, I guess police car was not close enough and it was day time.
    Can "Failure Fail To Yield To Emergency Vehicle" and "Exceeded Posted Speed Limit by 30+" be considered a crime of moral turpitude?

Default Re: Can "Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicle" Be Considered Crime of Moral Turpitud

That should not be considered a crime of moral turpitude for any purposes I can think of.

Default Re: Can "Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicle" Be Considered Crime of Moral Turpitud

Quote Quoting sumit_tumba
    View Post
    Can "Failure Fail To Yield To Emergency Vehicle" and "Exceeded Posted Speed Limit by 30+" be considered a crime of moral turpitude?
    You didn't identify the state, but there's a good chance that those offenses weren't even ticketed as crimes, as opposed to as infractions.

If you identify the specific state and statutes cited, we can explore whether any of the charges are criminal in nature. However, as the offenses you describe do not include elements of fraud, larceny or intent to harm others, even if charged as misdemeanors they are not crimes involving moral turpitude for purposes of immigration law.

If you are charged with a misdemeanor offense (or offenses) you should discuss your charges and chances of getting a non-criminal disposition with a criminal defense lawyer in your state.

He's in Missouri Both charges are misdemeanors (class A for the failure to yield, class B for the speeding). I agree they are not CIMT as far as immigration is concerned.

1. Sponsored Links