Default How to Clear a Criminal Record With Multiple Felonies

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Pa
    I was arrested and found guilty of 6 felonies approximately 8 yrs ago. 2 things I would like to know if possible.
    1 - At the time I was sentenced I didn't really think I had options. Its been manynyrs now and there are ample reasons I should have filed an appeal. But due to extremely unprofessional work done by my Public Defender I was found guilty. I have a list of things that can prove my innocence. Iam wondering if I have ANY options at all to have my case reviewed again and possibly overturned. This conviction is preventing me from obtaining a good job and I want to try and clear my record.
    2- if this is not possible. Is there any way to have the record show no felonies so I can obtain a good job ? Expunged or something ?
    The details are long and don't want to go into great detail here. But I would like to know what my options are. Any help is very much appreciated

Default Re: Clear a Record

It is way too late to appeal, as there is usually a 30-60 day window. Other post conviction remedies are extremely rare for someone who has completed their sentence.
    You can expunge and seal misdemeanor convictions but I do not see where that is possible for felonies in PA.

sorry

Default Re: How to Clear a Criminal Record With Multiple Felonies

Quote Quoting DanT1967
    View Post
    The details are long and don't want to go into great detail here. But I would like to know what my options are. Any help is very much appreciated
    Some felonies can be expunged as long as they are not punishable for more then 2 years in prison. There are others like sex offender felonies that could never be expunged, so without going into detail, we cannot help you any further.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Default Re: How to Clear a Criminal Record With Multiple Felonies

That's not true. First off there's no "expungement" of convictions (other than summary offenses) at all in Pennsylvania. What we are talking about here is an "order of limited release" which says the state law enforcement won't dissmeniate the information anymore. There is NO way this is going to happen on anything designated as a felony. WTG: the "two year" thing only applies to UNGRADED offenses. Anything designated as a felony won't qualify.

1. Sponsored Links