Exclamation My Legal Options Regarding Employment Agreement

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Texas

I recently applied for and successfully got hired for a remote position as a cryptocurrency trader at a private cryptocurrency trust, a position that I found on a job search website. They got back to me saying I was their most qualified candidate and they sent me an employment agreement to sign and told me to register at their website. I registered then printed and signed the employment agreement. I faxed it back to them, and now I havent heard anything from them for about a week. They wont return my calls or email me back about my training or anything? What legal options do I have now that the agreement is signed? Should I look for a job while Im still technically under the terms of the agreement? Is a lawyer a good idea at this point?

Default Re: My Legal Options Regarding Employment Agreement

Have you paid them anything?

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Have you paid them anything?
    Follow up - Did you provide them with all kinds of information like SSN, maybe bank details for direct deposit?

I didnt give them my SSN, and I asked my bank before I gave them the DD information. The bank said they wouldnt be able to get money out of the account. Are they just scamming me for information? I thought it was possible but they never asked for anything useful.

No I have not.

I thought it was just basic KYC stuff.

If they have the information for direct deposit they have the information for a direct withdrawal. Unless your bank has some sort of lock on your account they told you wrong.

All it takes to make a withdrawal via the ACH system is the routing and account numbers and maybe the account holders name if the bank is really paying attention which most aren't.

Quote Quoting cryptotrader
    View Post
    I didnt give them my SSN, and I asked my bank before I gave them the DD information. The bank said they wouldnt be able to get money out of the account. Are they just scamming me for information? I thought it was possible but they never asked for anything useful.

No I have not.

I thought it was just basic KYC stuff.
    You were never really "guaranteed" of the job so, no, you have no legal recourse.

On the chance that you have been scammed, make sure you let your bank and credit card companies know by phone and IN WRITING that you suspect fraud and take the appropriate precautions.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get a replacement bank account and replacement credit cards with new numbers.

A little inconvenient but better than losing a great deal of money.

Well thanks, I'll close the account today. I'll let the website know that there are scams on their website as well. I was thinking ahead and I gave them an account with no overdraft privileges and no money on it. I'll let my bank and CC companies know.

Quote Quoting cryptotrader
    View Post
    I was thinking ahead and I gave them an account with no overdraft privileges and no money on it.
    Congratulations.

That makes you smarter than most of the people who post here with problems they caused for themselves by not thinking ahead.

1. Sponsored Links