Default Contractor is Demanding More Money While in Breach of the Renovation Agreement

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Colorado

I want to get the house rented again and seem to be at an impasse. As the title states, I believe the contractor owes me work. The contractor refuses to do any more work at this point and a lawyer I talked with advised me first to get the property rentable again based on the amounts, then pursue action against the first contractor

A second contractor is saying he can't go in there until the first contract is completed. I

I'm at an impasse and thank you in advance for your help.

Default Re: Contractor Claims I Owe $ when Written Agreement Shows He's in Breach

Quote Quoting camel1971
    View Post
    My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Colorado

I want to get the house rented again and seem to be at an impasse. As the title states, I believe the contractor owes me work. The contractor refuses to do any more work at this point and a lawyer I talked with advised me first to get the property rentable again based on the amounts, then pursue action against the first contractor

A second contractor is saying he can't go in there until the first contract is completed. I

I'm at an impasse and thank you in advance for your help.
    Find another contractor. The second one may feel that way but others will not.

Default Re: Contractor is Demanding More Money While in Breach of the Renovation Agreement

To clarify, then, are there any legal implications for a new contractor or for me by going ahead with a new contractor? Thank you.

Default Re: Contractor is Demanding More Money While in Breach of the Renovation Agreement

The current contractor could sue you, or assert a contractor's lien. If you're worried about that type of response, it would be sensible to have a more thorough conversation with the lawyer who is advising you.

1. Sponsored Links