Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unhappy Shoplifting at Macy's

So a couple days ago my friend and I got caught shoplifting at Macy's. She is a serial shoplifter and I have only shoplifted two times with her. I don't know why I did it....I regret it more than anything I have ever done. Anyway, we were walking out of the store and a lady told us to come with her. My heart immediately stopped. I felt like I was going to throw up or pass out right then and there. I was absolutely petrified. There were 2 security officers in the back room where we were sitting and they said that as long as we cooperate, they will not arrest us. So we filled out some paperwork and they looked at our IDs and everything and told us that we will be receiving something in the mail in the next 2-3 weeks. They searched our bags after we gave back the merchendise and my friend had a sensor gun to take off the ink sensors. She stole it from when she worked at Abercrombie. The police officer took the sensor gun and told us that it will probably get us in even more trouble. I was completely honest even though my friend kept trying to lie to them. The officer thanked me for my cooperation. My friend is extremely pissed at me for telling the truth about everything, but I don't care because I just didn't want to end up in jail. I am so scared about this right now. It was soooo not worth it and I am kicking myself in the ass for even taking anything. I was only going to take a shirt which was $40 but my friend shoved a pair of pants that she wanted to steal into my bag which where $80. I am so angry with myself and her I can barely think straight. This is my first time ever getting in trouble with the law. What do you think will happen to me? I am not going to tell my mom since I am 19 and they never called my parents. She will freak out and be so dissapointed in me. Please help me!

Default Re: Shoplifting at Macy's

Q: What do you think will happen to me?

A: Jail, fine, and probation.

JAIL???? It is my first offense and I was 100% honest and cooperative!

Quote Quoting beautifullybroken22
    View Post
    It is my first offense and I was 100% honest and cooperative!
    How is this relevant?

Because I know people who have been caught that are not minors and never had to go to jail. Not saying that the same thing will happen to me, but I am a first time offender so I don't see why they would put me in the slammer for something so petty. I know it was a really bad thing to do, and I will NEVER do it again...but even the LP people said that I probably will get a big fine and probabtion since I have a clean record.

You're in what state?

The sensor gun puts you at risk of commercial burglary charges in some states.

The most likely outcome for a first offense is probation.

Ohio. My friend had the sensor gun, even though I know it will get me in trouble too since I used it.

View Post
    JAIL???? It is my first offense and I was 100% honest and cooperative!
    and what does that have to do with anything. You guys had a EAS INK tag remover... THIS shows you both had the sole purpose of going into that store to steal. Theft is a serious charge. You being cooperative might help with your sentencing. It would have made the situation much worse at the time if you had been lying. I really don't think you will go to jail but you will get a fine that will be 5-10X more then what the value of the merchandise you stole and you will also get a 4-8X civil fine from macys... so you will end up paying so much more then the total of the theft. Not very worth it in the end. YOu will most also get some comunity service and maybe some probation. I really hope your friend(should be ex-friend) gets jail time. But that is just what I am guessing so you never know you just might get some jail time. I really hope this stops you from ever stealing again.. It might be better if your parents know.. that way you will be so ashamed you might never do it again.

Quote Quoting redtoy92
    View Post
    and what does that have to do with anything. You guys had a EAS INK tag remover... THIS shows you both had the sole purpose of going into that store to steal. Theft is a serious charge. You being cooperative might help with your sentencing. It would have made the situation much worse at the time if you had been lying. I really don't think you will go to jail but you will get a fine that will be 5-10X more then what the value of the merchandise you stole and you will also get a 4-8X civil fine from macys... so you will end up paying so much more then the total of the theft. Not very worth it in the end. YOu will most also get some comunity service and maybe some probation. I really hope your friend(should be ex-friend) gets jail time. But that is just what I am guessing so you never know you just might get some jail time. I really hope this stops you from ever stealing again.. It might be better if your parents know.. that way you will be so ashamed you might never do it again.
    Oh trust me...I will NEVER do it again. I felt like such a criminal and like the biggest low-life ever. I am so embarassed and REPULSED by my actions. I was not raised like this, which is why I don't know if I can bring myself to tell my Mom about it. She would be so disappointed in me...which she SHOULD be! Because I am disappointed in myself. Actually, I HATE myself right now. I feel like the biggest piece of s*** on this planet, even though there are people out there who commit WAYYYYY worse crimes than I did. I do not think I am going to hang out with the girl I got caught with anymore.

View Post
    Oh trust me...I will NEVER do it again. I felt like such a criminal and like the biggest low-life ever. I am so embarassed and REPULSED by my actions. I was not raised like this, which is why I don't know if I can bring myself to tell my Mom about it. She would be so disappointed in me...which she SHOULD be! Because I am disappointed in myself. Actually, I HATE myself right now. I feel like the biggest piece of s*** on this planet, even though there are people out there who commit WAYYYYY worse crimes than I did. I do not think I am going to hang out with the girl I got caught with anymore.
    well come on you don't have to go that far.. Don't hate yourself. We all make stupid mistakes.. as long as you learn from this and never do it again then you will be alright. I am sure you were not raised like this. But it is up to you if you can keep this from your mom evertime you see her. I really do believe you feel bad for this but you saying you THINK your not going to hang out with her anymore... ,that makes me think something is not right. If you really are a good person you must and would separate yourself from her asap. Good luck and relax and learn.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast