Default Police Said Someone Was Using My Address

My question involves police conduct in the state of: California

Today a lot of fully armed police officers with assault rifles, body armor, and everything else knocked on my door and asked me a few questions.
    They asked for my last name, which I gave them.
    They asked if my parents were home, I was alone and I'm 18.
    And then they asked me if I recognized a person, they proceeded to show me a picture of the individual, and I told them no. They said he was using my address.

I answered their questions and they left, I tried to ask questions of my own but they brushed me off.
    I live in an apartment complex so they walked around it for a bit but didn't knock on any other doors.

When they left I just thought it was weird but when my dad came home like 10 minutes later I explained to him what happened and he's convinced it's ICE, although I just saw POLICE on their vests and they drove black SUVs that didn't say police anywhere.

What's going on?

Default Re: Police Said Someone Was Using My Address

The police are investigating (and are likely seeking to arrest) somebody who they believe was using your address.

Beyond that, you would have to ask them, and you can't count on their giving you an answer.

Quote Quoting WhatsGoingOn124
    View Post

What's going on?
    How long have you lived there?

It's possible that the person's last know address hasn't been updated.

I've lived here for 13 years and the previous renter wasn't the guy in the picture

OK so they're looking for someone who was using your address. Maybe the person they're looking for had fake ID with your address on it? Maybe they asked a friend of the person where he is and the friend just gave out your address hoping to deflect them? Who knows? You're probably never going to find out.

And really, why do you care? As long as you're not the person the cops are looking for, and you don't know who this person is, then all is OK with you.

Quote Quoting WhatsGoingOn124
    View Post
    My question involves police conduct in the state of: California

Today a lot of fully armed police officers with assault rifles, body armor, and everything else knocked on my door and asked me a few questions.
    They asked for my last name, which I gave them.
    They asked if my parents were home, I was alone and I'm 18.
    And then they asked me if I recognized a person, they proceeded to show me a picture of the individual, and I told them no. They said he was using my address.

I answered their questions and they left, I tried to ask questions of my own but they brushed me off.
    I live in an apartment complex so they walked around it for a bit but didn't knock on any other doors.

When they left I just thought it was weird but when my dad came home like 10 minutes later I explained to him what happened and he's convinced it's ICE, although I just saw POLICE on their vests and they drove black SUVs that didn't say police anywhere.

What's going on?
    I think that your dad is right, that it was ICE.

1. Sponsored Links