Default Where to Go for Illegal Police Behavior

My question involves police conduct in the State of: Minnesota

I need direction regarding next steps, Civil suits, Civil attorneys and more...

BACKGROUND
    I was involved in a case where my ex wife attacked me, I defended myself, retreated, and she stabbed me in the back with a butcher knife. I was charged with Assault 2 (among other things), and acknowledged the fact that I defended myself and hurt my ex wife, and was found guilty. It was obvious that she should have been charged with attempted murder, the Jury approached the Judge questioning why my ex wife wasn't charged, etc...

ISSUES
    The following happened (and I have documented proof of all of this):

- The Police ALLOWED EVIDENCE TO BE DESTROYED, including but not limited to:
    * Allowed my ex wife to wash her hands (and my blood and the evidence off her hands) when they arrived at the scene.
    * Allowed my ex wife to take her car and get a carwash (her car had my blood on it, which was evidence).
    * Directed my ex wife NOT to enter the crime scene, yet she did and admitted that she had taken a mop to clean up some of the blood in the garage (where she stabbed me). The police did NOTHING, apparently it was okay to alter a crime scene??
    * Witnesses outside the courtroom saw and heard the Prosecuting Attorney speaking to the Police and directing them as to how to answer questions MINUTES BEFORE THEY WERE ON THE STAND.

...the list goes on and on, and grows from 'a single incident/accident', to 'multiple incidents/incompetence' to 'apparent misconduct and more...'

I would appreciate ANY and ALL input...this has RUINED my life and the life of my FAMILY...

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Where to Go for Illegal Police Behavior

You got convicted.

There is no recourse unless you can get the conviction overturned on appeal.

You raised all of these issues at trial and were still convicted so, unfortunately for you, the jury did not find that they affected the fact that the case against you was proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

It doesn't sound like anybody denied or was in a position to deny that you had a knife wound in your back, so it's not clear what you believe would have been proved had, for example, the police refused to allow your ex-wife to wash her hands or if blood were found on the exterior of her car. Perhaps you can better explain?

It just occurred to me to ask.

What were you doing within spitting distance of your Ex-wife?

What type of domestic violence occurred prior to that incident?

Quote Quoting bwo
    View Post
    Witnesses outside the courtroom saw and heard the Prosecuting Attorney speaking to the Police and directing them as to how to answer questions MINUTES BEFORE THEY WERE ON THE STAND.
    That's standard procedure and there is nothing wrong with that. I'll bet they had met and discussed the case on prior occasions as well.

What did your attorney have to say about all of this at the time?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    What were you doing within spitting distance of your Ex-wife?
    I'll go out on a limb and guess that they were still married at the time of the incident.

Quote Quoting bwo
    View Post
    was involved in a case where my ex wife attacked me, I defended myself, retreated, and she stabbed me in the back with a butcher knife.
    How did you defend yourself? What did you do?

1. Sponsored Links