Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Bank Freeze for Child Support Arrears

let's say you owe $xxx each month for current child support. Is your paycheck from work being garnished at that amount ? If not, is it more such that you are also paying an arrears payment? If it is less,then you are adding to arrears. If you are continuing it get further and further behind, it is possible your arrears grew to an amount where they took notice. Because at some point you didn't pay what you owed (which is why you have arrears in the first place).

The amount that was agreed upon is being removed from my paycheck monthly. I think I know what happened? My mother recently took ill and gave me a few thousand dollars to place into my account. This may have raised a red flag somehow and here they came... looking for a cut. SMH

Quote Quoting JB125
    View Post
    The amount that was agreed upon is being removed from my paycheck monthly. I think I know what happened? My mother recently took ill and gave me a few thousand dollars to place into my account. This may have raised a red flag somehow and here they came... looking for a cut. SMH
    "Looking for a cut" of money you were supposed to pay to help raise your children. I don't see what there is to shake your head about. Shame on them for wanting your kids to be financially cared for.

Sorry PMMH you may have gotten this all wrong but I will not debate you. I understand how this looks but you have no idea the story. My child was and has been provided financially by me. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and make a half point. I was looking for advice not a reprimand. Great job you did and I thank you. Maybe one day you'll see and understand all stories are not the same. Thanks again for your reply.

Quote Quoting JB125
    View Post
    Child support services does not monitor your bank account balances.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if the banks had to report this or not.

Exactly how far behind are you, and do you owe the state or the other parent?

9,000 in arrears and I owe the state. The parent has even requested to the agency that the support be lifted but since it's the state I was told it cannot be changed.

How much are you paying per month towards the arrears only?

156.00 bi-weekly- 312.00 per month. That's all I m required to pay is the arrears as my son is already grown. No one is getting any public assistance.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast