Default Will a Custody Court Approve Relocation if Both Parents Agree

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Michigan,
    My wife is being offered a promotion but it requires for her to relocate to North Carolina, which greatly improve quality of life of our family, plus a much better school system.
    She has joint custody of her 12 year old child.
    The child lives with us. Both parents are in agreement and worked out all related issue concerning visitation and support.
    Since both parties have agreed on this is it likely to be approved or can it still be denied?
    Thank you

Default Re: What Are the Odds

Quote Quoting David milligan
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Michigan,
    My wife is being offered a promotion but it requires for her to relocate to North Carolina, which greatly improve quality of life of our family, plus a much better school system.
    She has joint custody of her 12 year old child.
    The child lives with us. Both parents are in agreement and worked out all related issue concerning visitation and support.
    Since both parties have agreed on this is it likely to be approved or can it still be denied?
    Thank you
    If they are truly in agreement they can submit a stipulated agreement to the court for a judge's signature. There is very little chance that a judge would not sign off on it.

Just make sure you really do have those nitty gritty details ironed out first. Who gets which holidays, which days of the week visitation begins and ends, who is responsible for pick up and drop off ... I have no doubt your wife is capable of doing this, but you'd be surprised at how many people forget little things that sometimes turn into huge big things when they're looked at from a different angle.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Just make sure you really do have those nitty gritty details ironed out first. Who gets which holidays, which days of the week visitation begins and ends, who is responsible for pick up and drop off ... I have no doubt your wife is capable of doing this, but you'd be surprised at how many people forget little things that sometimes turn into huge big things when they're looked at from a different angle.
    Who pays for transportation...

Quote Quoting jumanji
    View Post
    I thought the parent that moved away. Had to pay the cost of transportation. Unless other arrangements were approved by the court.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    I thought the parent that moved away. Had to pay the cost of transportation. Unless other arrangements were approved by the court.
    Typically yes, but not automatically. A judge has to order it one way or another.

Quote Quoting jumanji
    View Post
    I meant that should be included in the stipulated agreement the parents present.

1. Sponsored Links