Default Speeding and car insurance

i got pulled over in canada for speeding, and was wondering if traffic violations in canada transfer over to american insurance companies. i got pulled over in new brunswick, and i live in massachusetts. i wanted to know if i even have to pay this ticket...

Default Sharing of Ticket Information With Canada

The answer to your question depends upon whether Massachusetts exchanges ticket information with New Brunswick. It probably does not, but to be sure you would want to contact the Massachusetts RMV and ask.

It is possible that your insurance company would pull the record, but it is quite unlikely. It almost always costs insurance companies money to obtain traffic records (and it always costs them employee time, which translates into money), and they aren't likely to seek out foreign records for any clients unless they have specific cause to do so.

If you don't pay the ticket, you will end up with a default entered against you in New Brunswick, and possibly a bench warrant if that remains unpaid. That can make life unpleasant for you, should you return to New Brunswick and be stopped by the police.

will it come back to haunt me if i never return to canada? and when you say, "if the insurance company turns up the record", i wanna know if its legal they can do so, or if its just at the insurance companies discretion. check this link out and tell me waht you think.http://www.faqfarm.com/Insurance/Auto/Rate/27594

thanks for the reply

aj

Default Car Insurance Rates / Link

The link? Lots of ads, not much quality?

I am not aware of anything that would prevent your auto insurance company from seeking a foreign driving record, should it choose to do so. There's even a possibility that you gave them express permission to do so through the terms of your application or insurance policy.

thank your for your quick replies , I emailed the mass rmv and asked them and his responce was...

Good day,

No, Canada is not reciprocal to Massachusetts.

Thank you for using mass.gov/rmv,
    Illuminata

So apparently gettin a ticket in Canada has no affect on step points here in Massachusetts. Which relieves me a lot!

aj

1. Sponsored Links