Default Can a Store Ban You Without Explaining Why

My question involves civil rights in the State of: MA

So I regularly participate in playing tabletop games on Wednesday nights at a gaming store. I recently received a FB message from someone who works there saying,

"Hi, I am messaging to inform you that based on recent activity involving you and your behavior towards another customer we are going respectfully insist that, effective immediately, you no longer attend events, play games, shop, or hang out at any of our store locations. Our staff at all locations have been informed and should you not acknowledge this they have been given permission to ask you to leave. If you would like to set up a time when you can spend your existing store credit, please let me know and I will accommodate that. Thanks for understanding."

So there's only two situations I can think of that might have caused this. The first is that one of the girls I played with grabbed a few drinks with me after our game at the bar next door and at the end of the night after I walked her to her car I attempted to kiss her but she wasn't interested so I walked away, it went no further then that a slight head turn and her saying no. The other is I had a bad falling out with a girl who I had no romantic/sexual feelings toward but I booted her from our game and she has been bitter about it since. I then got this message from her out of the blue on FB,

"Yeah so I donít care what you do online but you donít have the right to post images of me on the internet. Please remove your post on reddit that contains my image and the image of others."

and then messaged,

"You should probably find a new username too, because everything you post is traceable via google 😂 goodluck picking up those /r/gonewild girls you incel looking mother****er."

To which I responded with,

"I deleted it, still dont know why your so mad at me. We both weren't enjoying the RP"

Then upon seeing the second message I responded with,

"I think to be an "incel" you need to have a horrible personality and be a virgin. I am neither, but hey whatever makes you feel better sarah"

I then blocked her on FB after deleting the image she was referring to, went to work and came home to this posted a message on my reddit that I deleted but the sum was,

I think you do have a horrible personality and that you wont acknowledge it proves to me how scummy you are. I'll be watching your internet history going forward to see how creepy you really are.

To which I replied on Reddit and FB with,

"Lol glad to see your moving up in the world, you went from a whiny tantrum throwing 5 year old and graduated to a stalking spiteful 15 year old internet troll. You know what? Go ahead and spread around that I jerk off and try to get laid online, last time I checked 99% of guys do the same. But you must be a real sexual tyrannosaur with your 1 relationship, I still guarantee I've gotten laid by more girls then you have guys. But I guess missionary position is working out real well for you. You want to come at me after I tried to let things go, then come at me but revenge is a two-way street you whimpering, sanctimonious, cunt and your about to find out how much wrath can befall a pathetic waitress with an overinflated ego. I'll be posting real soon just for you Sarahbear ;D, you must have missed the post I left about Satanisim where I discuss how much I enjoy wrath...well you just gave me a whooooole new activity for my spare time when I'm not ****ing your mom. You think you're the only one who can get under someone's skin? Well guess what bitch you were RIGHT about being "creepy" and your about to find out just how bad."

So longstory short can the game store ban me for either of these offenses, both of which were not even in the game store. Also what legal action can I take against the gaming store if I chose to pursue it, can I at least get them to reveal the who/what/why of my banning? Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Game Store Banned Me but Won't Say Why or Who

You have no right to be on private property if the store owners do not want you there. There is no way you can force them to allow you on their property, nor tell you why they do not want you on their property. I would suggest finding another store to hang around.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Quote Quoting BooRennie
    View Post
    You have no right to be on private property if the store owners do not want you there. There is no way you can force them to allow you on their property, nor tell you why they do not want you on their property. I would suggest finding another store to hang around.
    I agree, but since it does not appear that either of those instances took place in the store, you might want to make sure that the store does not have you mixed up with someone else.

Default Re: Can a Store Ban You Without Explaining Why

Nothing in your post implicates a civil rights issue. Being banned unfairly or because somebody doesn't like you is not a civil rights issue.

Is there any evidence that the ban was motivated by your protected status -- e.g., race, color, gender, religion or national origin?

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    I agree, but since it does not appear that either of those instances took place in the store, you might want to make sure that the store does not have you mixed up with someone else.
    Something tells me that the store has made no mistake here. None. Zero.

1. Sponsored Links