Exclamation Bank Employee Released a Customer's Personal Infomation

My question involves personal finance in the State of: Texas

My husband and I have our home loan with a small town bank in Texas. Information reached us that our loan documents and personal information had been released to my husband 's sister who has personal vindication against him and the rest of his family. We were told that copies of our documents were made by an employee at the bank that is a friend of my husband's sister. We do not know what my husband's sister's intent to do with this information but it could be harmful. We do know that she has been talking to others about our information because we had an issue with our escrow account because our taxes had increased from the previous year and she was telling her clients at her beauty shop that were behind our loan and had proof. It has been embarrassing and humiliating situation. What should be our next step? Would the end result only be that the bank employee would be fired? Thank you.

Default Re: Bank Employee Released Personal Infomation

No matter what the end result would be you should make a serious complaint to the bank.

Quote Quoting kaybett
    View Post
    What should be our next step? Would the end result only be that the bank employee would be fired? Thank you.
    I suggest you find out the name of the President of the bank and send him written notice of what happened. Make sure you name the employee.

At the same time file a complaint with the Texas Department of Banking:

http://www.dob.texas.gov/

Beyond that, you and your husband can consult a defamation attorney and see if a lawsuit against the sister is feasible.

Quote Quoting kaybett
    View Post
    We were told that copies of our documents were made by an employee at the bank that is a friend of my husband's sister.
    This is hearsay and may be a total lie, and you'd be putting that bank employee's job at risk for something that might just as easily be available on line.

Many counties give access to mortgage documents through the county recorder's office as a deed of trust. Check and see if yours are published.

Doesn't take much to figure out a whole lot about someone's business, and doesn't mean that the sister has some inside mole inside the bank.

http://epcounty.com/publicrecords/of...ordSearch.aspx this link works for El Paso county, and provides lots of information that a gossip may mistake as "information obtained from a bank employee."

https://actweb.acttax.com/act_webdev/elpaso/index.jsp here's a link where you can snoop by property to see who hasn't paid their taxes.

Oddly enough I am more of chyvan's mind in this one, at least initially. IF the sister's friend did this, then yes, you need to make a serious complaint to the bank and she deserves to be fired (although you most likely will not be told if she is or not). However, it sounds more as if you don't really know whether she did or not and are operating on "someone told me".

I am not in any way discounting the seriousness of the situation. But IF there are multiple ways that the information could have been found, if indeed it has been leaked at all, you want to be sure that you're addressing the right issue.

1. Sponsored Links