Default Child Support Served Papers to the Wrong Person

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California. Child support ended up serving papers to the wrong house an person. My girlfriend an I were broke up an she went on welfare for acouple months. (Thatís how the child support got started) we are currently back together. But I Noticed my check was getting garnished. Gave them a call an they figured out that they were in the wrong so they put my account on hold but still taking money out of my checks an holding the money. Does anyone know if this is legal?

Default Re: Child Support Served Papers to Wrong Person

Are you saying that you and your girlfriend are not the parents of the child in question?

Or that you are the father, and the state is requiring you to reimburse them for the time your girlfriend and your child had to use funds?

Default Re: Child Support Served Papers to Wrong Person

Quote Quoting Acox1620
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California. Child support ended up serving papers to the wrong house an person. My girlfriend an I were broke up an she went on welfare for acouple months. (That’s how the child support got started) we are currently back together. But I Noticed my check was getting garnished. Gave them a call an they figured out that they were in the wrong so they put my account on hold but still taking money out of my checks an holding the money. Does anyone know if this is legal?
    Might be improper service. But, for child support, when the state wants the money, they'll take. The state has very broad powers when it comes to that.

1. Sponsored Links