Default Is it Legal to Possess Dried Salvia Divinorum Leaves

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Georgia

I'm thinking of ordering a small amount of dried salvia divinorum leaves on the internet, but the label clearly indicate that they aren't for human consumption. However, I realize that they are only legal for ornamental use, and I am wondering if someone may get the wrong idea, despite the fact that it has a "not for human consumption label". Since it would have to be mailed and may be seen by people in the post office and such if and when I order them.

Default Re: Is it Legal to Possess Dried Salvia Divinorum Leaves

The Georgia law is here: https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia...cle-3/16-13-72

What you're envisioning is purely illegal. The exception in the law is for "Possession, planting, cultivation, growing, or harvesting of Salvia divinorum or Salvia divinorum A strictly for aesthetic, landscaping, or decorative purposes;"

Distribution is not permitted. It would be illegal for the sender to ship to you. You can grow it and keep it yourself provided you are using it for "strictly for aesthetic, landscaping, or decorative purposes."

NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION is not the operative part. You may indeed attract attention of law enforcment especially if the stuff is in a form that isn't going to be used decoratively.
    It sounds like they aren't getting the "WRONG IMPRESSION" but the "RIGHT IMPRESSION" as you have no intention of using it for the exempt purposes.

It's legal to grow it though. So, if one were to find the seeds for it, they could grow it as a houseplant........ for ornamental/decorative purposes.

Quote Quoting Steve418
    View Post
    It's legal to grow it though. So, if one were to find the seeds for it, they could grow it as a houseplant........ for ornamental/decorative purposes.
    But if you happen to have any dried leave laying about, that removes it from the allowance to grow it for ornamental purposes. It would then be seen as possessing for the purposes of using it in an illegal manner and you can be charged accordingly.

Actually, now that I think about it, I won't be growing it ornamentally either since my cat has a tendency to chew on houseplants on occasion. So, I sure as hell wouldn't want something like that sitting around the house.

1. Sponsored Links