Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: My Son Was Hit by a Truck and Didn't Provide Information. What Are the Parameters

Quote Quoting Notlouise
    View Post
    Clearly you aren't reading correctly. I never said anything about getting off scot free. He hit a child and didn't stop at all. What part don't you get is wrong with that. Unfortunately, its individuals like you that encourage that behavior is ok just because "authorities" aren't inclined. No accountability will lead to same behavior again, just hope it ain't your child that is hit next time.

No one is saying it's okay. How do you suggest you force the authorities to do what you want them to do? And to say that free9man condones or encourages such behavior is ridiculous, bordering on hysterical.

Default Re: My Son Was Hit by a Truck and Didn't Provide Information. What Are the Parameters

Quote Quoting Notlouise
    View Post
    Clearly you aren't reading correctly. I never said anything about getting off scot free. He hit a child and didn't stop at all.
    Ok, so now the story is changing! In the original post it was stated that the driver spoke with the person that was hit before leaving. So did the driver speak with your son or did he not stop at all? There is a big difference!

If your son stated he was not injured to the driver that hit him then the event does not qualify as a collision. Therefore the driver has no obligation to provide any information to your son and he was ok to leave the scene. There is no hit and run in the way you describe the events.

If your son claims injury after the fact the driver still cannot be charged with hit and run because of the fact that you say your son said to him he was ok. If your son had injuries after the fact the police could still take a standard collision report to document the event.

If your some wan not injured at all then you should (need) to drop the issue. I understand as a parent that you want justice for your son being hit by a car but by the way you described it, there is no justice to be served.
    I'm a cop. My opinion does not reflect the views or opinion of my agency. That being said, "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Quoting Notlouise
    View Post
    Clearly you aren't reading correctly. I never said anything about getting off scot free. He hit a child and didn't stop at all. What part don't you get is wrong with that. Unfortunately, its individuals like you that encourage that behavior is ok just because "authorities" aren't inclined. No accountability will lead to same behavior again, just hope it ain't your child that is hit next time.
    You, or even the victim, has no right to have someone prosecuted. The state was aware of your complaint and for whatever reason they chose not to pursue it. Absent knowing their side, we can't explain why. You could pursue that with a complaint to the department, but you're not getting any "pound of flesh" out of the other driver. You appear to have no damages other than anger.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3