Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: My Son Was Hit by a Truck and Didn't Provide Information. What Are the Parameters

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    You've been writing like the guy got away scot free. He didn't. The police caught up to him and charged him with no license. If the authorities aren't inclined to do anything else, you aren't going to change that.

If your son was hurt, you can seek compensation from the truck driver's employer.

If he wasn't hurt, then put this to rest.
    Another uncompassionate, anti-societal post from the guy who tells nearly everyone they have no case, to shut up and go home.

As an avid cyclist, we are mowed down, killed or left for dead by motorists that flee accident scenes. This is a big deal and it is the police that should charge folks for this crime. Maybe you need to be left for dead on the side of the road so you can feel some compassion.

Now I am going to have to endure the slow-twitch muscle fiber in your fingers when I'd much rather deal with what's in your legs.

Default Re: My Son Was Hit by a Truck and Didn't Provide Information. What Are the Parameters

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    Another uncompassionate, anti-societal post from the guy who tells nearly everyone they have no case, to shut up and go home.
    This is a legal forum, not a counseling board. We aren't required to have or show compassion for someone's issue nor is the law. While perhaps a bit rough, AJ's reply was legally sound.

I will say OP could try speaking to the prosecutor to see if they will pursue charges but there is no guarantee there either.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    This is a legal forum, not a counseling board. We aren't required to have or show compassion for someone's issue nor is the law. While perhaps a bit rough, AJ's reply was legally sound.

I will say OP could try speaking to the prosecutor to see if they will pursue charges but there is no guarantee there either.
    Comments here come from people, not from text books. Running from hit and run accidents is a major problem now. It is common for police to enforce the most egregious crimes. Tell me that if you were left for dead you wouldn't be outraged and demand justice?

Nobody is ever required to show compassion, but as human beings we often tend to.

BTW - You are a person with a certain knowledge base who resides in a certain State, before you are ever an anonymous, impartial blogger...as you would like to appear.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    Comments here come from people, not from text books. Running from hit and run accidents is a major problem now. It is common for police to enforce the most egregious crimes. Tell me that if you were left for dead you wouldn't be outraged and demand justice?
    The person here was not left for dead so that's a bit of a stretch. If I were, yes I would be upset. I would want the person punished. I would push for said punishment. I would do what I could within the law to do so. If the police could not/would not do anything, I would seek redress in the civil courts.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    BTW - You are a person with a certain knowledge base who resides in a certain state, before you are ever an anonymous, impartial blogger...as you would like to appear.
    What does that even mean? I'm not a blogger. Never been, never will be. As to my anonymity or impartiality, neither is guaranteed on the internet.

Clearly you aren't reading correctly. I never said anything about getting off scot free. He hit a child and didn't stop at all. What part don't you get is wrong with that. Unfortunately, its individuals like you that encourage that behavior is ok just because "authorities" aren't inclined. No accountability will lead to same behavior again, just hope it ain't your child that is hit next time.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    The person here was not left for dead so that's a bit of a stretch. If I were, yes I would be upset. I would want the person punished. I would push for said punishment. I would do what I could within the law to do so. If the police could not/would not do anything, I would seek redress in the civil courts.

What does that even mean? I'm not a blogger. Never been, never will be. As to my anonymity or impartiality, neither is guaranteed on the internet.
    At age 61, and not knowing you your age, I can handily say that I can challenge and defeat the endurance in your body at any level. But not the endurance in your fingers.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    At age 61, and not knowing you your age, I can handily say that I can challenge and defeat the endurance in your body at any level. But not the endurance in your fingers.
    So you're saying you are in good physical shape? Good for you. It's important to remain active and healthy at any age. I don't know your endurance level and you don't mine so I can't say if you are right or not. But if you are, good for you. Heck, I'd even say you probably are right since I have some health issues. Getting older doesn't always work out well for everyone, ya know. You still aren't making a lick of sense but you do you.

Quote Quoting Brian57
    View Post
    I never thought I would live to see ANOTHER internet tough guy!

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    So you're saying you are in good physical shape? Good for you. It's important to remain active and healthy at any age. I don't know your endurance level and you don't mine so I can't say if you are right or not. But if you are, good for you. Heck, I'd even say you probably are right since I have some health issues. Getting older doesn't always work out well for everyone, ya know. You still aren't making a lick of sense but you do you.
    I don't mean to boast nor do I mean to comment on your physical shape. I thank God every day for my health and wish you good health as well. I just meant that I cannot keep going back and forth with you.

My point: You and your clique's comments don't come from a book. They come from people who choose what to write here.

Yeah, quite the tough guy.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast