Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Default Re: Can You Find Employment With an Expunged, Dismissed Criminal Charge

2 failed job applications means nothing.

When you've applied to 20 and heard nothing then we might be able to talk. Just keep applying to any and all jobs you can that are looking for your skill set or looking for unskilled workers.

Have you tried contacting your state labor department? Many times they will have classes on resume writing, interview taking, filling out applications, referrals, possible job listings.
    Have you applied to Temp agencies? They are almost always looking for day laborers and many times these jobs can turn into full time employment.

If you want a job, you have to make looking for work your current job. Yes, at your age no work history is gonna make it bigger hill to climb but it's not impossible if you want it bad enough.

You can spend your days complaining to internet forums about how you can't get a job or you can get out there and Get a Job, but most people can't do both. It's your choice which way you lean.

Bottom line is YOU have to find a job, no employer is going to knock on your door and offer you a dream job!

Default Help Spinner Find a Job

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I don't know what they told you on Reddit but if they told you that an employer is going to run a background check on every applicant they were wrong. I was a hiring manager for many years. I never ran a background check until I'd finished my interviews and decided on my top candidates; then I'd run them only on my top three AT MOST. Sometimes only on my top candidate. I don't hire in my current position but my current employer doesn't run a check until after they've made an offer. If you're not getting called for interviews, it is not because of your arrest. You can take that to the bank.
    Quote Quoting yyz0
    View Post
    2 failed job applications means nothing.

When you've applied to 20 and heard nothing then we might be able to talk. Just keep applying to any and all jobs you can that are looking for your skill set or looking for unskilled workers.

Have you tried contacting your state labor department? Many times they will have classes on resume writing, interview taking, filling out applications, referrals, possible job listings.
    Have you applied to Temp agencies? They are almost always looking for day laborers and many times these jobs can turn into full time employment.

If you want a job, you have to make looking for work your current job. Yes, at your age no work history is gonna make it bigger hill to climb but it's not impossible if you want it bad enough.

You can spend your days complaining to internet forums about how you can't get a job or you can get out there and Get a Job, but most people can't do both. It's your choice which way you lean.

Bottom line is YOU have to find a job, no employer is going to knock on your door and offer you a dream job!
    So I ask this then. So I basically I have to settle for just any job the rest of my life? I wanted to work in Information Technology, but now thatís not even possible even if I do go back to college? You even said it yourself if I if I applied to 20 jobs and hear nothing back then weíll have a tall which to me sounds like my chances of getting a six figure job atleast is ruined and now I have to settle for nickels and dimes.

Quote Quoting Spinner30
    View Post
    So I ask this then. So I basically I have to settle for just any job the rest of my life? I wanted to work in Information Technology, but now that’s not even possible even if I do go back to college? You even said it yourself if I if I applied to 20 jobs and hear nothing back then we’ll have a tall which to me sounds like my chances of getting a six figure job atleast is ruined and now I have to settle for nickels and dimes.
    Nobody told you that.

Nobody told you that either.

I don't know if you have the intelligence and/or attitude to get an education to earn a 6 figure salary. At this point you have showed in your writing that you probably aren't capable and certainly aren't willing to try to get a job flipping burgers.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Nobody told you that.

Nobody told you that either.

I don't know if you have the intelligence and/or attitude to get an education to earn a 6 figure salary. At this point you have showed in your writing that you probably aren't capable and certainly aren't willing to try to get a job flipping burgers.
    Wow so you basically saying I just need to try to get a burger flipping job cause thatís all Iím good for now right?

I didn't say anything of the sort. Please look carefully at who said what.

I said that if you're not getting interviews it's got nothing to do with your having an arrest.

NO ONE said you have to settle for just any job for the rest of your life. NO ONE said it's not possible for you to work in Information Technology even if you go back to college. But you're dreaming if you think you're going to walk into a six figure job right out of school. None of us do that.

Quote Quoting Spinner30
    View Post
    Wow so you basically saying I just need to try to get a burger flipping job cause that’s all I’m good for now right?
    With no mentioned education and no work experience flipping burgers would be a great place to start.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    With no mentioned education and no work experience flipping burgers would be a great place to start.
    Maybe so, but even with an education thats all im good for.

Quote Quoting Spinner30
    View Post
    Maybe so, but even with an education thats all im good for.
    You're right, Spinny-boy! You are absolutely, 100% right. You are never going to have anything but a dead-end job. It's not your lack of work history that's holding you back. Not at all. It's your "I was never charged, but it was expunged, but I've never even gotten to the point of having an interview" experience that's holding you back from the most awesomest IT job ever. We, who have collectively HUNDREDS of years of hiring, HR, and successful employment know nothing. Nothing, I tell you.

But you, you with your trolling 22 year-old never held a job ways, you know best.

Seniors, I implore you: stop engaging with Spinny. Because at this point we all know he's a troll and just looking to pass the time from his mommy's basement.

Quote Quoting Shadowbunny
    View Post
    You're right, Spinny-boy! You are absolutely, 100% right. You are never going to have anything but a dead-end job. It's not your lack of work history that's holding you back. Not at all. It's your "I was never charged, but it was expunged, but I've never even gotten to the point of having an interview" experience that's holding you back from the most awesomest IT job ever. We, who have collectively HUNDREDS of years of hiring, HR, and successful employment know nothing. Nothing, I tell you.

But you, you with your trolling 22 year-old never held a job ways, you know best.

Seniors, I implore you: stop engaging with Spinny. Because at this point we all know he's a troll and just looking to pass the time from his mommy's basement.
    Funny how you just assume that I live with my mother. As for being a troll believe what you totally want. You people have your opinions and I have mine.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7