Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Can You Find Employment With an Expunged, Dismissed Criminal Charge

When was that? You would be wrong because you have no record. You had it expunged. It's your lack of work history coupled with a woe-is-me attitude.

Quote Quoting Spinner30
    View Post
    Same thing like what? That I’m basically screwed now? As I said I’m very skeptical now about finding a job even after I get a degree. Getting it expunged doesn’t mean anything to me. Hell out of curiosity I asked a similar question on Reddit and basically got the same result. Once again idk who to believe all I know is my life is nothing now.
    Same thing like your expunged record is NOT stopping you from getting a job. We know this because many of us background check people for a living and know what does and doesn't show up on them.

I'd be surprised if a bagger job and a dishwasher even ran a background check.

Now I've answered almost every question you have asked please answer the ones I ask.

Why is it you come to a legal help site and post and then completely ignore the information given?

How old are you?

Have you EVER had a job? And what was it?

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    When was that? You would be wrong because you have no record. You had it expunged. It's your lack of work history coupled with a woe-is-me attitude.
    Honestly this was a month ago. And they donít know about my ďwoe itís meĒ attitude cause I didnít even got called for an interview.

Quote Quoting Spinner30
    View Post
    Honestly this was a month ago. And they don’t know about my “woe it’s me” attitude cause I didn’t even got called for an interview.
    If you aren't getting interviews, it has nothing to do with a record or lack thereof. They would not know about it unless you tell them as they aren't going to run a background check until after they decide to move forward with you. So it's probably a combination of lack of experience, lack of general work history, possibly a poor resume and too many other applicants.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Same thing like your expunged record is NOT stopping you from getting a job. We know this because many of us background check people for a living and know what does and doesn't show up on them.

I'd be surprised if a bagger job and a dishwasher even ran a background check.

Now I've answered almost every question you have asked please answer the ones I ask.

Why is it you come to a legal help site and post and then completely ignore the information given?

How old are you?

Have you EVER had a job? And what was it?
    Iím 22 and no I never had a full time job.

I highly doubt any company is going to run a background check on every applicant. Particularly for a dishwasher job, or a bagger job. IF a background check were to be done it would be AFTER they decided to hire you. So if you never even got a call, then it has nothing to do with a background check.

Were these companies even hiring those jobs at that time? I used to manager a restaurant and we would get applications all the time, and I wouldn't call them until I needed to hire someone.

Quote Quoting Spinner30
    View Post
    I’m 22 and no I never had a full time job.

22 and never having a job is going to be an issue for a lot of employers if you aren't right out of college.

But take my and the other Senior Member's word that it isn't your expunged criminal history that is causing you problems.

You can deal with what actually is causing you problems until you accept that FACT.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    22 and never having a job is going to be an issue for a lot of employers if you aren't right out of college.

But take my and the other Senior Member's word that it isn't your expunged criminal history that is causing you problems.

You can deal with what actually is causing you problems until you accept that FACT.
    I though an arrest didnít count as a criminal history. Besides that someone on Reddit told me something completely different so as I said idk who to believe. Not being, but I really donít know. As for what you said in your post I honestly believe even when I do graduate thatís not gonna make my situation any better that I have a degree?

I don't know what they told you on Reddit but if they told you that an employer is going to run a background check on every applicant they were wrong. I was a hiring manager for many years. I never ran a background check until I'd finished my interviews and decided on my top candidates; then I'd run them only on my top three AT MOST. Sometimes only on my top candidate. I don't hire in my current position but my current employer doesn't run a check until after they've made an offer. If you're not getting called for interviews, it is not because of your arrest. You can take that to the bank.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I don't know what they told you on Reddit but if they told you that an employer is going to run a background check on every applicant they were wrong. I was a hiring manager for many years. I never ran a background check until I'd finished my interviews and decided on my top candidates; then I'd run them only on my top three AT MOST. Sometimes only on my top candidate. I don't hire in my current position but my current employer doesn't run a check until after they've made an offer. If you're not getting called for interviews, it is not because of your arrest. You can take that to the bank.
    Well honestly if you ask me I can have the best interview in the world, but the minute my record shows up that ship is gonna sail pretty fast. As I said before Iím pretty certain Iíll never get a job now.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast