Default Assigning Criminal Defense Lawyers In A Fair Manner

It seems unfair that the "rich" can select their more qualified, experienced lawyers. Meanwhile, those who cannot afford one must go with a public defender. I'm sure the PD would be great, but it's not the same. In cases of murder, this can be especially important.

Why can't court systems assign lawyers? How come someone can pay for a "better" one? Isn't this unfair?

Default Re: lawyers...unfair? would it be fair to assign "public defenders" to all?

Quote Quoting ohiogirl21
    Isn't this unfair?
    YEP!

It's like they say.....
    "Person with the most money wins"

Default Re: lawyers...unfair? would it be fair to assign "public defenders" to all?

Quote Quoting ohiogirl21
    View Post
    It seems unfair that the "rich" can select their more qualified, experienced lawyers. Meanwhile, those who cannot afford one must go with a public defender. I'm sure the PD would be great, but it's not the same. In cases of murder, this can be especially important.

Why can't court systems assign lawyers? How come someone can pay for a "better" one? Isn't this unfair?
    Where in the world did you get the idea that life is, or even is supposed to be, fair?

You can also fire as many attorneys as you wish, if you feel they are not doing thier job for you. I have heard of felons doing this, to postpone judgement, but it could also be done because the lawyer just does not have what it takes. IN other words, you do not have to keep the first lawyer given to you, and there are good ones out there, that do offer to help those who can not afford one, you just have to find him/her. The first question I would ask is, how many of these kinds of cases have you fought in court and won.

I find it unfair that the house across the street from my apartment is $680,000 and all I can afford is this 2 bedroom townhouse style apartment. I go to work just like those people do and we live in the same neighborhood. Why can't my city council just assign housing? I find it unfair that people with more money can afford bigger, better housing. I'm offended.

Maybe I should call Jesse Jackson....

Quote Quoting CaliforniaMom
    View Post
    I find it unfair that the house across the street from my apartment is $680,000 and all I can afford is this 2 bedroom townhouse style apartment. I go to work just like those people do and we live in the same neighborhood. Why can't my city council just assign housing? I find it unfair that people with more money can afford bigger, better housing. I'm offended.

Maybe I should call Jesse Jackson....
    LOL, I would take on a second job, or even harder, find one that pays more. It is quiet amazing how little they pay for certain jobs. The area of the hospital that I run makes more money per square foot, according to a board member or two, than anywhere else in the hospital, yet I can't get a 4th of what some of these other managers are making lol!

Quote Quoting Dad2
    View Post
    YEP!

It's like they say.....
    "Person with the most money wins"
    I like the "Golden Rule" ..... He who has the gold rules!

Default Re: Lawyers...unfair? Would it be fair to assign "public defenders" to all?

What makes you think that a "paid lawyer" is necessarily going to be "better" than a public defender?

Default Re: Assigning Criminal Defense Lawyers In A Fair Manner

Quote Quoting ohiogirl21
    View Post

Of course, if you were to stop stealing, this wouldn't be a problem for you....

Default Re: Assigning Criminal Defense Lawyers In A Fair Manner

LOL, good point baystategirl! I have seen great public defenders out there, I watch alot of the shows on murderers being tried on television, and their public defenders are just as good! Not as good as the dream team though lol!

1. Sponsored Links