Default Will You Get Child Support, Spousal Support and Insurance After Divorce

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Georgia, I have been married for 12 years, and have three children from our marriage, about three years ago he left and has done nothing for his children, he now has a baby on the way with another woman and we are still legally married, I want a divorce now, my question is am I able to get child support, spousal support and for him to be responsible for their insurance? . He was the one to work threw out the marriage not me

Default Re: Will You Get Child Support, Spousal Support and Insurance After Divorce

You can expect to receive child support for your minor children, consistent with your state's child support formula. It is normal for a parent who has affordable health insurance coverage to be required to include the children under their policy, and to be responsible for a share of the cost of expenses not covered by insurance (copayments, deductibles, etc.)

Spousal support? With a three year separation, and with your apparently independently supporting yourself for those three years, it is not likely to be a compelling case. The court will look at factors including your health and ability to work, your relative incomes, and your ability to reasonably support yourself without support.

Default Re: Will You Get Child Support, Spousal Support and Insurance After Divorce

Thank you for your response..... As long as my children have their insurance and he has to pay CS, we will be great!!!! I never wanted to put him on it but after three years of no help its time

Child support absolutely. Him paying their insurance? That is a decent shot as well.

Spousal support is very unlikely at this point, since you have been supporting yourself without it for three years.

1. Sponsored Links