Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Suing My Ex-Wife for Lying in Family Court

I am suing my ex-wife for $1.1 million for destroying my life by lying in Family Court. When I say destroying my life, I do not mean that as a colloquialism. The ways I had to live a normal, happy life are no longer available to me due to the psychological damage which she has caused. Now before you all chime in telling me I should not waste my time, etc. I want to point out 2 things:

I am an activist and I am doing this in the hope to set a precedent making people think twice about lying in Family Court. (I will not be able to collect since she has no money). Lying in Family Court goes unpunished and has destroyed a great number of families and brought suffering on the children.

there are past cases were people have prevailed in court with similarly high judgments due to false accusations made by their spouse.

If I lose I will appeal. If I lose the appeal I will try to go to the supreme court.

These are the damages I will be claiming in court:

years of emotional callousness and torture and war on ethnic differences
    protection order false claims
    criminal persecution (5 police reports filed, 1 false, 4 frivolous)
    legal persecution (motion after motion, accusations of child abuse)
    eradicated my social life (we live in a small town, people turned away from me)
    lost community- friends, family, psychologically unable to get make new friends
    lost parent friends and community for my son
    unable to date (terrified, who would want me in this state?)
    slander - stigma, shame and discrimination through accusations (distribution of slanderous materials)
    fear of leaving home and being in public - (small town. like being driven out of town)
    destroyed life vision - wanted to form homeschooling community, people turned away
    lost civil liberties (had to turn in passport due to fear I might abduct child)
    health issues - medications side effects - unable to exercise - weight gain
    stress - took years off his life (heart issues in family) - grey hair since December
    took away music from my life other joys of life
    she engaged in blackmail and coercion
    lost life savings through legal costs
    financial loss through housemates (they no longer trust me with their children) , difficult to rent out space because I tell truth
    emotional devastation -never able to fully recover
    all my life activities stopped and my full time job and focus is to defend myself and get my son back
    child taken away through false (and unsubstantiated) claims of child abuse - worst. Visits instead of parenting. I live for my child

I would like to add that in 2015 I posted a detailed, personal account of my marriage on the Internet which I thought to be free speech, but the judge considered it harassment. Her case built up on that but all her other claims are fabricated and I have proof of many of the lies. I have currently appeals going to the protection order and parenting plan change and I am also currently suing the police department and the prosecutor and one psychologist, most of them for bias as false and negative information keeps echoing between these institutions and the judges.

I am figuring that these are the applicable statutes:

malicious prosecution (or abuse of process)
    libel slander defamation
    ethnic discrimination (I am a foreigner and I feel that many of my ex’ claims are an attack on cultural differences)
    false light
    intentional infliction of emotional distress
    coercion

I would be very appreciated if you get some general feedback (other than trying to dissuade me which will not help and I also have a question in regards to finding a good lawyer:

I live in a small town in northern Washington but I am thinking about searching for lawyer in Seattle because they probably have better and more lawyers to choose from. What type of lawyer am I looking for? Personal injury?

Secondly, are there any objective ways of measuring how capable a lawyer is? I know there are websites that supposedly rate lawyers but I do not trust those sites. I want the best, most creative, out-of-the-box thinking, aggressive lawyer money can buy.

Thank you kindly for your feedback

Default Re: Suing My Ex-Wife for $1.1 Million for Lying in Family Court

You need to find a psychologist or counselor ASAP. You need serious help with many issues.

there are past cases were people have prevailed in court with similarly high judgments due to false accusations made by their spouse.
    provide 3 from your state where it was based on testimony in court.

If I lose I will appeal. If I lose the appeal I will try to go to the supreme court.
    you need a legal basis to appeal. Merely losing does not give you a right to appeal.

And no, you won’t go to the Supreme Court.

I only took a quick look at your claims. Most are either not actionable due to her having qualified immunity due to the venue or merely a shopping list of general complaints that are not a legal basis for a claim. There are a couple that might be valid arguments but I suspect you may be defeated by the statute of limitations in many of not all of them.

You would be much better served by taking the hundreds of thousands of dollars your desired suit is likely to cost you and get some counseling. Getting over your problems will be a better deal for you.

Btw; yes, this will all be paid directly out of your pocket. An attorney doesn’t take cases on contingency when they know the other party isn’t going to pay any judgment awarded.

Added btw; as an individual I am allowed to discriminate against a person based on their ethnicity. It’s called freedom of speech (which has been determined it includes freedom of expression) and it is one of our greatest rights.

I would be very appreciated if you get some general feedback (other than trying to dissuade me which will not help
    Nobody here is going to encourage you to do this, so if that's what you are looking for, you might as well find another site.
    I have proof of many of the lies
    Here's your problem. If you couldn't prove she was lying when she was testifying in court the judge had no choice but to believe her statements. And if you couldn't prove it then how do you expect to prove it now.

Here's another problem. If you were to appeal the divorce decision you would not be allowed to submit new evidence you would have to appeal on the grounds that the judge made an error on the evidence submitted at trial.

And a new lawsuit is likely to be dismissed on the grounds of Res Judicata (the matter has already been ruled on in court).
    What type of lawyer am I looking for? Personal injury?
    If you have to ask then you are already doomed to failure.

Many law firms have dozens, sometimes hundreds, of lawyers. All you have to do is call up and say I want to do this, does one of your lawyers do this?
    Secondly, are there any objective ways of measuring how capable a lawyer is?
    You ask him about his successes. Or, you find all those cases where people have prevailed in court with similarly high judgments due to false accusations made by their spouse and you hire their lawyers.
    I want the best, most creative, out-of-the-box thinking, aggressive lawyer money can buy.
    That begs the question. Just how much money do you have for tilting at these windmills? Be prepared to spend $50,000 to $100,000 just to get through a couple of appeals court levels and another $100,000 to $200,000 to bring it to the US Supreme Court in the highly unlikely event that the US Supreme Court will even want to hear it.

Well, how much money do you have in the bank right now that you can spend on this crusade?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    you need a legal basis to appeal. Merely losing does not give you a right to appeal.

Well, you can file an appeal; but if the sole grounds for the appeal are "I lost", you will lose your appeal.

Quote Quoting jk
    And no, you won’t go to the Supreme Court.
    Appeals from cases like this to a state supreme court are by leave, with most cases being denied leave. There would have to be a federal issue for any appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, where the appeal would also be by leave. Supreme courts reject far more cases than they accept for hearing, and typically focus on whether there is an unresolved issue of law that needs to be addressed or if the case implicates a constitutional law issue.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Here's your problem. If you couldn't prove she was lying when she was testifying in court the judge had no choice but to believe her statements. And if you couldn't prove it then how do you expect to prove it now.
    In the original trial, it was not necessary to prove that she was lying, as such. It was only necessary to prove that her version of events was less credible than his.

On direct appeal, the normal approach is to interpret all disputed facts in the light most favorable to the appellee, so it is really difficult to overcome a trial court's findings of fact. In a defamation suit, or a suit alleging intentional misconduct, you have to prove that the statements were false, that the person making the statements knew them to be false, or both. For causes of action like malicious prosecution, you have to prevail in the underlying action.
    Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    And a new lawsuit is likely to be dismissed on the grounds of Res Judicata (the matter has already been ruled on in court).
    It is not likely that the divorce court addressed tort claims, although divorce settlements often include mutual waiver of claims clauses, so if this divorce was ultimately settled it would be important to check the judgment to see if all of these possible claims were waived.

Thank you for your reply. Most of what you said I already knew but there was some new information for me. From reading the post, it is obvious that I will spend all my money on this. I am currently putting my house on the market. I have nothing to live for than trying to change the system which broke me. And yes, I did dozens of sessions of therapy. The family court is dysfunctional and the only way change could ever occur is by people trying. Here are some other cases, one of which is eerily similar to mine. Thank you for not ridiculing me. I have this posted somewhere else too and everyone had a good laugh.

http://shrink4men.com/2011/08/16/man...-sexual-abuse/
    http://www.saveservices.org/2012/10/...-custody-case/

So you're willing to spend all your money on something that you'll never see a return on? You said she has no money...so what are you going to get out of this? Definitely not publicity.

You really, really need to just move on with your life. If you did dozens of sessions of therapy I'd get my money back. It didn't work. Or go find a new therapist. This is really destructive behavior.

You need to understand that your suing your ex wife, not some government. That means nothing is going to change in how the government operates. If you win you get a judgment against your ex. If you lose, you lose.

You need to spend your money on mental health services. You need to let this go. You need to move on. Nothing good will come from what you are trying to do.

With regards to the links you posted, you really need to research further. In both cases there is FAR more to the story and the second story in particular appears to be deliberately misrepresenting what actually took place.

Neither case is helpful to you. I just hope you're smart enough to know that.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast