Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Oregon State, Truck Mechanic Injured at Work, Advice/Preparing for Worst Case

The reason all your background information is irrelevant, is that it's not up to the employer what happens; it's up to the workers comp carrier. All the employer needs to do is report the accident; the rest is up to the carrier.

If you're thinking in terms of lawsuits, be aware that workers comp is no-fault. Your brother can't sue the employer, and the employer is on the hook for his medical bills and lost wages. Whether he was or was not trained properly does not come into it.

Default Re: Oregon State, Truck Mechanic Injured at Work, Advice/Preparing for Worst Case

and not all employers are evil monsters trying to screw their employees. A "deep well of rage" will not do anyone any good in the situation......While attorneys that advertise on TV want you to think so, that's because they take a large chunk of change out of any settlement.

Most employers want the employee to come back at light duty with reasonable accommodations. If the employee can't, then they will try to settle generally. But in the end WC is going to be his only recourse for medical bills and lost wages.

And in the end I doubt anyone will deal with you on the issues..you can counsel your brother and possibly be involved in some of the discussions, but in the end the employer and WC carrier do not have to speak with you at all. It might be best to engage an attorney if you truly think the employer is a big evil monster out to screw your brother and then take a step back and let the attorney handle it.

thankyou for the helpful responses and those that genuinely tried to help, good on you stop reading and have a good day

those that just wanted to fan the flames or argue etc, i was trying to act as an advisor, like a base coach in a baseball game, right? i was trying to learn about this stuff without getting in my brothers way, or troubling him in his difficult time several of you acted like i was some maniac with a torch and a pitchfork out for blood, and you made things worse in this thread, you really did. if something is irrelevant, then dont address it, its pretty easy.

learn to deal with people calmly, whether they are or not, because every parent, grandparent, relative or friend is feeling like i was, and you'll encounter this many many times as you go through life, you can have it sooo much easier on yourself if you carry water in that canteen your offering people , instead of lighter fluid.

*Moderator- i wont be back, so
    lock this thread, delete it, thanks for letting me ask a few questions, and, dont let the little people get to you

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2