Default Condo Owner Cut and Capped a Neighbor's Water Supply Line

A condo owner discovered that her sink no longer had cold running water. When she investigated, she discovered that a neighbor experienced some leaking in a wall space and had a plumber cut and cap the water line. The neighbor won't agree to allow her to have the line repaired unless she pays the cost of the plumber and wall repair, about $1,000. The pipe can't be fixed without access to the neighbor's unit.

What can the condo owner do to get her water line fixed?

Default Re: Condo Owner Cut and Capped a Neighbor's Water Supply Line

The most obvious options are to (a) consult the condo association to see if they will require the neighbor to repair the line or allow access for repairs; (b) pay the neighbor the demanded amount so as to gain access to make the repair, or (c) sue the neighbor and try to get a court to order her to allow the repairs.

I would start with the board, and also try negotiating with the neighbor.

1. Sponsored Links