Exclamation Can You Take a Public School to Court Over a Transcript Error

My question involves education law in the State of: Nevada
    I graduated 2010, I had to make up a credit during my graduation year (that summer) I completed the credit picked up my diploma at the hs, and a transcript within a week of my credit completion. Lost my diploma and copy of transcript. I went in to the school district to pick up a copy of transcript and it says I didn’t graduate over said credit. (Credit I made up) I’ve been calling the office to dispute and they said they would call me back. They have not answered or called me back since. I’ve left voicemails and they still have not reached out. I am in urgent need as I need it for employment purposes. ALSO I attended a vocational school after hs. Please help!!

Default Re: Can You Take a Public School to Court Over a Transcript Error

You start at the school level and, if you cannot resolve the issue there, you work up through the layers of bureaucracy to the school board. If you exhaust all levels of administrative relief, then you can consider filing a lawsuit -- but it will not be fast or cheap.

Work on getting together evidence that you in fact completed the credit, and see if that helps you make your case with the school.

Your first step in working through those layers of bureaucracy that Mr. Knowitall mentions is getting off the phone and actually going to the school offices. When there be sure to act as the adult you now are.

Quote Quoting aa472k@gmail.com
    View Post
    ALSO I attended a vocational school after hs.
    If you attended a vocational school after high school, and that school required your transcript or proof of graduation, it's worth checking to see if the vocational school still has that information on record. If they do, their records of your grades and/or graduation may help you with the public school system.

1. Sponsored Links