Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Name Change of Minors in Tx with Absent Biological Father (He is Not Living in Us

Quote Quoting B2018
    View Post
    yes, I am aware of the fees and we can work with these. I looked through the other forms on the link that AJ sent me but there is no form for Citation by Publication and I need exactly this. ugh
    There may not be a form. Generally speaking, you would need to show the court due diligence in serving him, and s/he would have to allow you to serve him via publication.

Default Re: Name Change of Minors in Tx with Absent Biological Father (He is Not Living in Us

Quote Quoting B2018
    View Post
    yes, I am aware of the fees and we can work with these. I looked through the other forms on the link that AJ sent me but there is no form for Citation by Publication and I need exactly this. ugh
    Here.

thank you. so in order to serve in the public I have to hire an attorney first. ugh.

Nobody said that and Mr. Knowitall provided a link to the correct form. Here is is again. https://texaslawhelp.org/article/ser...d-other-parent

yes, and I read it.... I scrolled down and read this....

Do I have to hire an attorney to look for the other parent?
    Yes. When serving by publication, the law says you must hire an attorney to look for the other parent. This attorney is called an attorney ad litem.
    The attorney ad litem makes an independent search for the other parent. This protects the other parent’s right to be notified about the case. You are responsible for locating, hiring, and paying for the attorney ad litem.

I have to search for the parent before serving in the public. and how I understand it, I have to use an attorney for that. Or I am totally misunderstanding the text underneath?

Do I have to hire an attorney to look for the other parent?
    Yes. When serving by publication, the law says you must hire an attorney to look for the other parent. This attorney is called an attorney ad litem.
    The attorney ad litem makes an independent search for the other parent. This protects the other parent’s right to be notified about the case. You are responsible for locating, hiring, and paying for the attorney ad litem.

What it is requiring you to do is hire a lawyer to represent the father's interests. I had missed that section.

This lawyer will not be acting as YOUR lawyer. You can do everything else yourself.

thank you everybody. we filled out the documents and I choose to check the option that the other parent's rights got terminated. We will add the court decision and we will see if this is going to work or not. we also add some documents from teachers and our son's psychologist which states their refusal to use their last name because for them it's a daily reminder of abuse and violence.

we will see if this is going to work out or not.

Quote Quoting B2018
    View Post
    thank you everybody. we filled out the documents and I choose to check the option that the other parent's rights got terminated. We will add the court decision and we will see if this is going to work or not. we also add some documents from teachers and our son's psychologist which states their refusal to use their last name because for them it's a daily reminder of abuse and violence.

we will see if this is going to work out or not.
    Did he lose his visitation and custody, or were his parental rights terminated? There is a difference.

yes, we have to change the forms. he could go to court and try to regain visitation rights. so his rights are not terminated. I called a lawyer but she wants 400 usd for consultation , this is crazy.

Quote Quoting B2018
    View Post
    yes, we have to change the forms. he could go to court and try to regain visitation rights. so his rights are not terminated. I called a lawyer but she wants 400 usd for consultation , this is crazy.
    Does your local court do any law clinics? Check their websites. Ours does them once a month and you can meet with a volunteer attorney to get advice for free. They will not represent you in court, but they will help you with paperwork and what to file.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast