My question involves a marriage in the state of: Connecticut
My ex spouse was not working at time of our divorce and is now earning more money than I earn. My question is involving a few issues,
1. Modifying current alimony and child support
2. She currently cohabitates in a million dollar home she could not afford without his income. She lived with our kids & I, at time if divorce in a 2800 per month rental then moved to homes that have varied from 2400-3200. per month. They produced a false rental agreement AFTER I asked for modification.
3. I received some discovery which shows a continued lack of budgeting and overspending. She pays large overdraft fees due to erratic soendthrift buying and now buying items for new home. She demands money 2x month to pay her creditors. (She often asks for money earlier than due.)
4. She threw out all of our furniture before she moved into the new home with this unrelated male. What happens if he throws her out?
5. She also is paying off a brand new car she can’t afford, through her mom that she pays over 400 per month for.
6. She has taken several vacations with our kids skiiing and going to florida, that also put her into overdrafts. She claims her mom paid but this was a lie as proven by her checking statements. Boyfriend must also pay some expenses on these combined vacations.
7. She spends at high end designer name stores instead of more economical stores and then asks for more money.
8. She moved further away and now I have to pay for trains for my visitation with our kids.
9. She tells our children about our financial discussions and now my eldest son has said why are you stealing our money?
10. I pay $55/70 weekly to feed my kids during my visitation time (which is also erratic as sometimes I get them, other times I dont). I have to do this as I have to travel to them and eat in local restaurants with our kids. I really can’t afford this.
11. My parents were helping pay for costs of camp but cannot afford that anymore and shouldn’t be expected to pay.
12. In order to keep her and kids in an apartment, I have about 90% of my income to her, my parents helped by renting me an apartment but should not be expected to continue as her living circumstances have changed dramatically.
13. She and bf are holding themselves out to the affluent community they now live in, as a “married couple” (-they are not married-), and is that something to use in modification of support and visitation?
14. Lastly they have a tenant on their property paying rent in a separated studio that is part of the single family home. What can I do about proving my ex is not actually paying rent and this income most likely offsets his mortgage? He said he could afford the home without her. He bought so they could move in together with our children.
Thanks for all advice.