Exclamation How to Draft a Contract for a Digital Marketing Freelancer

My question involves independent contractors in the state of: California

Hey All,

I am starting to offer social media marketing services (freelance) to clients. Sole proprietorship for now - but will turn into S-corp probably when I make more sales within the year.

I would like to offer clients monthly social media management services, with an option to extend into 3-month, 6-month, 12-month agreements.

I'm overwhelmed honestly, and cannot nail down which exact docs I need. I feel like it's just an indep. contractor agreeent, but am hesitant to go with just that.

- Master Services Agreement
    - Standard Agreement
    - Consulting Agreement
    - Statement of Work
    - Independent Contractor Agreement
    - Retainer Agreement

Any thoughts or pointers would be greatly appreciate! Thank you in advance to all and have a lovely weekend

Default Re: Contracts Needed for a Digital Marketing Freelancer

You could simply have a single contract that covers all of that.

I will be honest. If you came to me to some freelance work and pulled out six separate agreements I'd send you on your way.

I have agreements with clients dealing with topics way more complex that digital marketing and it is don't with one contract.

I'd get myself a lawyer, explain what you are doing and have him draw you something up. You might also first Google for a standard contract and go from there.

Default Re: Contracts Needed for a Digital Marketing Freelancer

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    You could simply have a single contract that covers all of that.

I will be honest. If you came to me to some freelance work and pulled out six separate agreements I'd send you on your way.

I have agreements with clients dealing with topics way more complex that digital marketing and it is don't with one contract.

I'd get myself a lawyer, explain what you are doing and have him draw you something up. You might also first Google for a standard contract and go from there.
    Oh yes, of course! I'd never scare someone away with a binder of contracts just to do some social media work for them.

Makes sense.

1. Sponsored Links