Default Legal Options for Toxic Friendships

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Mississippi/Alabama

Background: My family is from AL but we have lived in MS for several years now. I was recently awarded sole custody of my niece by the state of AL. My niece previously lived in AL with my mother who recently passed (why I now have custody of my niece). Since we are fairly close to AL and all my family still lives in AL, we travel to AL at least every other weekend.

Situation: My niece has a friend (she) that is just toxic. The friend lives in AL and my niece is now a resident of MS and just turned 16 (not sure if that matters). I have expressed my dislike for the friend even when my niece was living with my mother. There is no romantic relationship between them, no drugs, no alcohol, or anything illegal (that I am aware of) going on between my niece and her friend. There have been issues arise recently that has made it clear to me that this "friendship" is impacting my niece in a horrible way. I feel like something has to be done and simply stating there is to be no more communication between them is not going to work without something backing it up.

Question: Is there any type of legal action I could take to keep them from being friends? Reading that as I type it does sound rather silly, however I know my niece, and this friend is bad news and I am increasingly concerned.

Default Re: Legal Options for Toxic Friendships

Quote Quoting atellaavicii
    View Post
    My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Mississippi/Alabama

Background: My family is from AL but we have lived in MS for several years now. I was recently awarded sole custody of my niece by the state of AL. My niece previously lived in AL with my mother who recently passed (why I now have custody of my niece). Since we are fairly close to AL and all my family still lives in AL, we travel to AL at least every other weekend.

Situation: My niece has a friend (she) that is just toxic. The friend lives in AL and my niece is now a resident of MS and just turned 16 (not sure if that matters). I have expressed my dislike for the friend even when my niece was living with my mother. There is no romantic relationship between them, no drugs, no alcohol, or anything illegal (that I am aware of) going on between my niece and her friend. There have been issues arise recently that has made it clear to me that this "friendship" is impacting my niece in a horrible way. I feel like something has to be done and simply stating there is to be no more communication between them is not going to work without something backing it up.

Question: Is there any type of legal action I could take to keep them from being friends? Reading that as I type it does sound rather silly, however I know my niece, and this friend is bad news and I am increasingly concerned.
    Since you have custody, you are the boss, and can simply tell her that they cannot be around each other any more. Or, in the alternative, stay away from AL for a while so that the friendship dies down.

1. Sponsored Links