Default Posting False Personal Stories Online

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

Guys I need some real help. I beg of you to take me seriously. I am literally going insane. I am from Los Angeles, California.

I am a pathetic young adult. 22 years of age. I am one of those guys who never got a chance in life. I was born homeless, taken in to foster care, and now I work a sad life at a gas station and I barely have enough money to pay my rent for a dirty and small little room. I am typing from a public computer right now. I can't even afford one.

Anyways, basically my life routine is go to work, go to local public library, use the computer, and then go home. Rinse and repeat. The thing is I am super worried because I go on the computer and make up weird stories describing people's problems in life. Like a person worried about having done criminal activities. But I describe it in the first person and when I feel like I have written a good, weird, story I post it online to various forums. None of the stories describe criminal activity particularly vile or despicable like murder, rape, assault, abuse or threatening behavior. But still some are somewhat creepy or weird. And I receive some very negative responses sometimes calling me and accusing me quite angrily. Other times I get more of a positive reception. Is it legal to do this? I know I don't have much of a life but the last thing I want to be is a criminal.

You might ask why someone would do this? I have no clue. Maybe it is because I wish my life wasn't so pathetic and I imagine some type of excitement in life and thus I write about this as if it was a fictional world. It is like my source of television because I don't even have one. You guys will probably think of me as some loser and laugh at me after reading this. A 22 year old with no computer, no tv, who works at a gas station, and has a problem like this. Damn, I hate myself.

Default Re: Am I a Criminal

This is the second time I've read this story in the last two days, only the first time you were helpless in a wheelchair.

FYI, most people who post on one legal message board, also post on other legal message boards. Three of the four people who responded to your thread "down the street" yesterday, also respond here.

I know, I know. It wasn't you, you've never posted before, and it's all a horrible coincidence.

Hello
    I did in fact post to another legal forum. I did not know that there is some condition that one is not allowed to do that. I apologize if there is. I simply wanted as many opinions as possible. I also posted to reddit's legal advice forum as well.

As far as the wheelchair goes, I don't know what that is about.

So to answer your question. Yes, I have posted before. It was on another two forums. I have provided the link to one. No, I am not in a wheelchair so I don't know where you get that idea.

If there is a rule that I can't post to multiple forums I didn't know and I apologize. I simply want legal advice and thought that getting my question out in multiple places would be useful. I didn't know that there is an overlap in contributors.

It's not that there is a rule you can't post in multiple forums. But trolling is not permitted.

Posting links to other forums is not permitted. However, go to the other forum, search on the word, Wheelchair, and you'll see what I'm talking about. The two stories are so similar in general that it's hard to believe they weren't posted by the same person.

Default Re: Posting False Personal Stories Online

If you post fake stories to get people to give you money, that could get you charged with a crime.

If you post fake stories to get attention, well, lots of people on the Internet seek attention by posting nonsense.

Got it. No this is not for money.

I just post them and write them mainly on reddit for the upvotes so yes the attention. But I write them in the first person so it seems that I am the one doing the crime or doing the deed per say. I haven't done anything in reality.

This is a troll who is all over the internet posting these stories with different names and different scenarios just to suck people in to responding.

1. Sponsored Links