Default Can You Change a Child's Name Without Notifying the Father

I am in the same boat. My childís father never signed the birth certificate or petition of paternity or anything. I would like to change my childís last name to mine but can I without notifying him? He has no responsibility or relationship with my child. Iím in California

Default Re: Can You Change a Child's Name Without Notifying the Father

Quote Quoting Mbenz831
    View Post
    I am in the same boat. My child’s father never signed the birth certificate or petition of paternity or anything. I would like to change my child’s last name to mine but can I without notifying him? He has no responsibility or relationship with my child. I’m in California
    Has his paternity been legally established? Is he on the birth certificate or has he been ordered to pay child support?

Default Re: Can You Change a Child's Name Without Notifying the Father

Quote Quoting Mbenz831
    View Post
    I am in the same boat. My child’s father never signed the birth certificate or petition of paternity or anything. I would like to change my child’s last name to mine but can I without notifying him? He has no responsibility or relationship with my child. I’m in California
    Start here

1. Sponsored Links