Default Is it Illegal to Put a Video Camera With Audio in the Bedroom of a House

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Michigan.

Ok. so i moved in with my ex girlfriend after she had our baby and our agreement was that we were going to raise our son together for the first year. After about 3 months i found out that she had a video camera with audio in the bedroom. The bedroom is one that I mostly sleep in and she would sleep on the couch. I was not on her lease on the house. I was there for five months every night with the exception to maybe 5 nights. I did not receive my mail at her house. Is this legal for her to do? I have seen so many different things online. Most say the video is fine, but the audio is illegal. Also there is a question to weather or not this was considered a private area of the house? I am in Michigan. What are the laws on this?

Default Re: Videocamera with Audio in Bedroom of House. is This Legal

Here's a summary of Michigan laws:

https://www.rcfp.org/reporters-recor...guide/michigan

I'd say that what she did was illegal.

So?

What do you want to do about it?

Default Re: Is it Illegal to Put a Video Camera With Audio in the Bedroom of a House

Quote Quoting stallional
    View Post
    After about 3 months i found out that she had a videocamera with audio in the bedroom.
    As in a camera that was part of a home security system? A camera that was sitting somewhere with voice activation? A web cam that was streaming to a computer somewhere? A camera that may never have actually been turned on? The facts make a difference.
    Quote Quoting stallional
    I was there for five months everynight with the exception to maybe 5 nights. I did not recieve my mail at her house.
    You were there for three months, then you found the camera. Then you stayed for two more months. What discussions did you have about the camera during those two months?
    Quote Quoting stallional
    Most say the video is fine, but the audio is illegal.
    If the camera was used to eavesdrop, that would be illegal. If the camera was used to observe or knowingly record private activity within the bedroom, that would be illegal. The rest depends on the facts.

1. Sponsored Links