Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: It Should Always be Legal to Back Into a Parking Spaces

YOU picked that vehicle to drive. I would think you knew how you would have to park. A variety of beach cities along the southern CA coast have been enforcing that law in one way or another since I got a ticket over 40 years ago for not having my front wheels less than 15" from the curb (I backed in)

Default Re: Parking Sign Not Well Displayed, Thus I Did Not See It; Still Ticketed

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Iím guessing youíve never driven a crew cab truck and tried to park it in a lot with aisles and possible parking spaces on the narrow side. If you think it takes longer for a truck to back into a space, you would really hate a guy pulling in, backing up to allow a more inline trajectory, pulling forward, having to back up again to attempt to align the truck with the parking space and finally figuring out the aisle is simply too narrow to allow him to park in the space at all.
    I have seen a great many larger vehicles attempt to squeeze into tiny spaces. Unfortunately, in an effort to squeeze in more spaces they have become narrower and shorter and many parking lots are woefully inadequate for larger vehicles. Just last week when I took a group of 4th graders to San Francisco in a school van, I had to go to 2 lots to find a lot capable of accommodating the van.

I wasnt meaning it was specifically snipers fault your state doesnít use stickers on front plates. It was a joke. It just seems silly to not require them on both plates so whether coming or going, you, as a cop, can see whether the reg tabs are not outdated.
    Well, *I* didn't take any offense at it.

And please take note, I acknowledged the fact the ticket would be valid and the only hope I see of anything would be to find a sympathetic judge.
    Maybe. But, in CA a court hearing for a parking ticket is only held (for a fee) after the two earlier hearings by the citing authority, and then generally to decide the legality of the cite, not the sympathy factor. But, a judge could still decide as they might wish.

Quote Quoting paddywakk
    View Post
    YOU picked that vehicle to drive. I would think you knew how you would have to park. A variety of beach cities along the southern CA coast have been enforcing that law in one way or another since I got a ticket over 40 years ago for not having my front wheels less than 15" from the curb (I backed in)
    When I was in southern CA, that's what we used: VC 22502. An exception was provided in the muni code for designated angled parking and one way streets.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Default Re: It Should Always be Legal to Back Into Parking Spaces

Quote Quoting Highwayman
    View Post
    You say the signs are BS, well I say what I quoted above is BS. It makes no sense that your truck can only fit into a parking spot one way.
    Do you drive a long truck? Do you have any concept of why a forklift steers with the rear wheels?

I just found this thread. I thought the original thread it came from was deleted.

If it came from the Newport thread where the guy entered a parking lot from the exit and was then cited for backing into a stall, the sign is in error. Newport Beach has an ordinance that clearly states that the backing in restriction only applies to angled parking. Yet that sign is posted on a lot that has both angled and perpendicular stalls. I would be curious if the parking enforcement knows that sign only applies to the angled stalls? IMO, the sign needs more specificity.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3